Couple of bottle stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Not sure where I was going on the second one... Hmm....

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1211.jpg
    IMG_1211.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 233
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Both are nice, but I really like that first one. I forgot what they call that plywood, but it really make a cool look on a bottle stopper.

Bezdomni

I've made a couple of bottle stoppers out of that SpectraPly pattern. I really like the style of yours. Simple and elegant. How did you finish it? I usually sand to 600 and use the Beale system, although recently I've used a couple coats of shellac first, then used the Beale carnauba buffing wheel. You can do a lot more to them but the time it takes - for instance, the shellac plus three coats of Salad Bowl Finish - isn't warranted by the result. For me.

Nicely done.

Chuck

Bobostro61

I've made a couple of bottle stoppers out of that SpectraPly pattern. I really like the style of yours. Simple and elegant. How did you finish it? I usually sand to 600 and use the Beale system, although recently I've used a couple coats of shellac first, then used the Beale carnauba buffing wheel. You can do a lot more to them but the time it takes - for instance, the shellac plus three coats of Salad Bowl Finish - isn't warranted by the result. For me.

Nicely done.

Chuck

Actually, on these I just used a few coats of Huts friction polish.

SDB777

Not sure what the shape on the second one is, but I bet it has some 'grip'! Remember, not all the customers that are out there can grab a smooth stopper without sliding off it.

Half the fun of making these stoppers is the unique shapes that just show up!!

Well done!!!

Scott (love the finish) B

Top Bottom