Corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

Try Massmans here on the forums. I got some corian pen blanks from him and they were pretty easy to turn and made beautiful pens.

Rmartin

I've bought from several different places as well as here on the board. Many times you get an assortment in a flat rate box, but not always the colors you want. If I need a specific color, I buy from the link below:

http://www.coriansamples.com/prostores/servlet/Page?template=sampleoptions

They sell every color in 2x2, 4x4, and cutting board size.

Click on the Select Samples link on the left and then pick a color to see the different sizes and price.

oops99

Hey Justin,

I looked high and low for a place to get some corian until I went to a counter top fabricator, at first he said he would sell me some, (I don't like paying for stuff) and I told him if I made him a really nice pen from some of his scraps could I get some more.
He agreed, so what I did was make a corian pen that took me about 2 minutes and 38 seconds as a goof, when he saw it he had a really good laugh, then I gave him the one that I made for real. Needless to say, I can go back there (and I do) any time and he has some waiting for me. He even glues up some 1/2" pieces for me because that is the thickest you can get.
So stick with it and you just might get lucky. Here are the two pens, and also a Cedar birdhouse that I put a corian roof on. If you look close you can see that I also tuned a little perch out of corian.

Good luck.

Tom/oops99

PenStock001.jpg

PenStock014-1.jpg

DSCF2503.jpg

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I also go to fabricators and pick up the double sink cut-outs. They take
a router and cut out where the sink will go, and they don't have any use for
the parts they cut out (but they're expensive, so they don't throw them
away) so I trade them a case of beer for whatever the suspension on my
truck will handle. They even help carry it out.

I've been getting EOS though, the corian is often thin and the EOS tends
to be 5/4.. more than large enough for pens. The cut-outs are about
20"x30" or so and weigh about 50-60 lbs.

Not much choice on colors, though. You get what they've got..

jleiwig

The two places I tried make cutting boards out of the sink cutouts and one even makes desk sets as well as the cutting boards! I guess I just need to dig deeper. I'm actually looking for pendant size pieces, so the 1/2" thickness is perfecto for me.

sefali

PM elody21. She might still have some of the sample squares. They'd be perfect for pendents.

Top Bottom