Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 2000

• OS X

• Total voters
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phillip

My XP machine crashed two weeks ago. Im, now using Vista and havn't had any trouble out of it. Found if you purchase a computer from Best Buy there are a lot of pop-ups and adds installed on the computer that drives it crazy. I bought mine at Frys.

keithz

1 laptop running XP Pro, 1 desktop running XP Home. Laptop is my primary system. Desktop is only used to record and edit music.

Originally posted by Phillip

My XP machine crashed two weeks ago. Im, now using Vista and havn't had any trouble out of it. Found if you purchase a computer from Best Buy there are a lot of pop-ups and adds installed on the computer that drives it crazy. I bought mine at Frys.

This happens with almost every maker of computers. When I last ordered a Dell laptop and desktop I asked them not to install any shovelware. The only thing installed on my system was XP Pro and the needed drivers.

I own 10 Vista licenses for my business, but I'm in no rush,

Phillip

I have ben using this Vista system for a couple of weeks now and I have not had any trouble. It is almost like running XP. The computer is made by Gateway and does not have all the added trial programs installed. Time will tell if it is going to last or crash and burn.

Randy_

You are receiving this message from a machine running the original WIN 98 and in the other room I have a machine still running WIN 95.

The 95 machine has an older copy of Autocad that a previous boss let me borrow so I could do a little work at home. That machine really gets babied cause when it finally blows up it will not be replaceable!!

Tbone,
I ran ME on an el cheepo e-Machine for nearly 8 years at my last job, never had a single problem with it... wore out a few printers in that time, but the boss was too "frugal" to provide me with a better computer since mine was working... I was linked through an interface to the HP mainframe that ran on Linux... I was the only person that wasn't on a dumb terminal. I was linked to a lot of governtment agencies to file my export documents.

gerryr

Why can't I vote twice? My computer at work has XP Pro and my laptop at home has Vista Business. So far I haven't had any problems with Vista, but have heard about lots of problems with Vista Basic. My wife's computer has XP Media Center and our son's computer has XP Home. He says his next computer will either be a Mac or will use Linux.

Rick_G

XP until I have no other choice. I do a little sound and video stuff as a hobby and Vista does not like my software. Paid enough for it I don't want to replace it just because Microscrap decided to hit everybody for a new operating system.

Ron Mc

All my families machines are using XP Pro.
Then I have the pile of machines in a corner not plugged in sleeping with XP Pro.

drawknife

Using XP Pro on a Dell laptop using Apple Safari Browser. Apple browser runs just fine on it. It's now my default. Approximately 100% of the viruses are written for IE and Microsoft. That probably has a lot to do with a lot of the problems people have with Microsoft products. Don't take that wrong I don't have stock in MicroSoft. Some punk sitting somewhere with just enough knowledge to write a virus to get us all into trouble. Punk as in actions not age.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well,

Here in "fly-over country" we just found out about a "real stable platform". Corse they charge a little more, cause it's already been "field-tested" on the coasts.

But my computer guy says I'll love this Windows NT!!! (Upgraded from Dos) NOW he wants to put some more male sheep in my computer, don't know why - we already got ALMOST a megabyte (whatever that is).

If you give male sheep a bigger byte, won't they HURT each other?????

Top Bottom