Collets Mandrels Live Centres

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenPal

My long term method of penturning using my VicMarc VL100 Lathe.
I use a collet mandrel 2mt held in the head stock with a threaded rod(the chuck is already threaded on the end of the taper that enters the head stock)Make a shaped washer on the outside of the head stock and locknut the collett chuck in having cleaned the taper with a tapered reamer beforehand.I only turn half a pen at a time for accuracy.The pic shows the shaft on which I use two spacers to suit the kit and the shaft of the mandrel is a snug fit in the brass insert in the live centre.Tension comes from the tail stock and in the event I choose a shorter top blank I use washers to take up the slack.
In the middle background is the dust extractor fitted thru the lathe rails and I had to make the tool rest to reach around this.
My first Post. Peter from Australia

hrigg

In this line at the top of the page, click on "photos"

Quick Picks
Active Topics | Library | Photos | Profile | FAQ | RSS

From the "photos" dropdown menu, select "members photos" then at the top of that screen, pick...

Welcome ******** Edit Your Album / Upload Photos

Click on the blue text, select Browse, which lets you search your hard drive and whichever folder your pictures are in, then select the photo and upload it directly to this site without having to go through a web photo hosting service. It's very handy, and user friendly.

johncrane

G'Day Peter glad you have found this site its a small World, now we have a lot in commen,
also like me and others here had some problems with posting don't worry you will get the hang off it also don't forget to click on to Introduction's so we can give you a welcome.[;)][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom