Collaborative effort

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GaryMGg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMGg

As some of y'all know, yesterday I hosted a Bubbasville at our home in Florida.
It's safe to say everyone had a good time.
Links to pics, offsite, here:
http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbth...ber=3002321&page=4&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=4&vc=1
We did lots of socializing, ate good food, drank a little, and made just a touch of sawdust.
John (rsx1974), his friend Allen, John (jBell), lots of friends from WoodNet and my WW club were here along with Ron Mc.
Ron demonstrated his techniques for doing pen blank glue-ups.
Bernie (Brokenbit) partially turned one barrel to demonstrate his CA glue finishing technique.
We left the pen on the lathe and broke for lunch, which led to beer, which led to more beer.
:D
This morning, I finished turning the barrels and completed the pen, which will go into my stable.

Baron w/ Black TI plating dressed in Bloodwood, Black dyed maple and maple.
Finished with oil, CA and buffed out with Carnuba wax.
Here's the result:

team1.jpg

team2.jpg

team4.jpg

I didn't take photos of the get-together as other people were doing that so I'll have to beg,
borrow and steal from those who did. I'll try to get it put together and post a link to them.

Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to get in on something like that. Wish I had someone close to me for such things. Theres a few of you in southern Arizona. Still to far for a evening stroll, four and a half hours is more than a stroll.

rsx1974

Gary,

Pen looks great!!!!

A great momento from a great weekend!!

Thanks again for having all of us out to your home. I was a real pleasure meeting everyone.

Thanks again,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom