Collaboration~Eden Seeds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Toni

Over the past few months I have been working with Alby Hall a wood turner who lives in New Zealand. Alby is well known for working with Ancient Kauri, 45,000 year old wood. His work can be seen in galleries all over the world. I am quite honored to be doing this series with him, called "Eden Seeds". Thank you for looking!!

4940911907_b05faa74c2.jpg

4940911983_b8b1dd6fa0.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nellieteach

Hi Toni,
Beautiful, very creative pieces. Amazing collaboration.
Is that wood Kauri or another species of wood? Doesn't look quite like the Kauri I am familiar with...
Thanks for sharing and hope to see more unique pieces from you and Alby Hall,
Nadine Nelson

wizard

Your art beams out from the seed and the flowers are beautiful. Very appropriately blooming in a garden from a seed called Eden. Stunning!
Doc

jskeen

Those are phenomenal! Your pc flowers are a perfect match for his smaller turnings, you get all the detail he puts into his larger inlays, and still have a finished piece you can hold in your hand. Speaking of, I bet those feel wonderful to hold. Do you do the inlays on the finished piece, or does he turn the ends to fit around the inlay? :)

Toni

Hi Toni,
Beautiful, very creative pieces. Amazing collaboration.
Is that wood Kauri or another species of wood? Doesn't look quite like the Kauri I am familiar with...
Thanks for sharing and hope to see more unique pieces from you and Alby Hall,
Nadine Nelson

the wood that was used is Huon Pine, smells incredible!!

Those are phenomenal! Your pc flowers are a perfect match for his smaller turnings, you get all the detail he puts into his larger inlays, and still have a finished piece you can hold in your hand. Speaking of, I bet those feel wonderful to hold. Do you do the inlays on the finished piece, or does he turn the ends to fit around the inlay? :)

For these being the first two we did he sent me the whole seed with the inserts which I did the inlay on. Then he finished off turning them. They sure did look strange when they arrived with the ends un-turned.

How cool is that! I really like the red one. How big are they?

Get back to you on that:biggrin:

Batgirl, you've done it again........left me speechless....

Who would have thunk I can do that to you:biggrin:

Thank you everyone for the wonderful feedback. I am very excited about doing this with Alby there are a bunch more being sent using Ancient Kauri.

Fred

Toni ... INCREDIBLE is but one word that comes to mind!

Cindy ... Obviously Bob hasn't paid close enough attention to Toni's avatar!! I would say that Toni is quite the Bomb Shell, but bet her husband might get jealous! (Which he should!) :biggrin:

Top Bottom