Coffee Table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dontheturner

dontheturner

This is one of several, I have made here in Thailand, and in my humble opinion, better than the Tile -topped ones, I was doing in the UK. dontheturner

Attachments

• Coffee TableA.jpg
    Coffee TableA.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dontheturner

Beautiful work! What are the dementions?
Hello Altaic, thanks for that. it is 19 inches high, and the top measures, 20 inches by 26 inches long. But if you fancy making something similar, do what my Father taught me - create your top infill first, so you create no bits to trim off, then make up a baseboard and frame, then mitre the corners, then turn the legs, then measure and cut two stretchers. - best way for an amateur. dontheturner

dustmaker

Don, that is amazing. You have got to be one of the most productive woodworkers around with all the projects you have been posting lately.

Chief Hill

Very nice Don. I must ask. You make quite a bit of furniture and other items. Do you tend to keep the stuff you create or sell it?

My wife said no more furniture and items as we don't have the "room" to keep any of it. Regardess my stuff is no where near as nice as your stuff.

dontheturner

Don, that is amazing. You have got to be one of the most productive woodworkers around with all the projects you have been posting lately.
Hi Dustmaker, Ah! well! the reasoning behind that, is easy to explain. I got married first time, in 1953, and we soon had a daughter, Christine. I love her to bits. the marriage suffered by her infidelity, with my best friend, and business partner, While I was earning it, he was screwing my wife. so divorced 1963. remarried 1971. I had heart attack 1982, and was pensioned off. I overcame all that, then - sadly Wife 2 died in 2006, when I was 76, and I then met and married Thai wife 3. and I decided God gave me an extra life - so I was determined to live it to the full. Take my advice - work hard, keep your brain active. I now feel fitter than I ever have. dontheturner

dontheturner

Very nice Don. I must ask. You make quite a bit of furniture and other items. Do you tend to keep the stuff you create or sell it?

My wife said no more furniture and items as we don't have the "room" to keep any of it. Regardess my stuff is no where near as nice as your stuff.
I hopefully, leave it laying around the home, till some one admires it, then we say '' its' yours for... bahts''. and we hope they settle there and then! -- that particular table, we will offer for maybe as low as 1000 bahts, thats about $25 -$30 , But do bear in mind, wood is also fairly reasonable here, but NEVER seasoned! for 4000 bahts, I will get a pick up truck full for that price! - so as long as it costs me nothing, we are happy. I think that makes it a good hobby. dontheturner

dustmaker

Hi Dustmaker, Ah! well! the reasoning behind that, is easy to explain. I got married first time, in 1953, and we soon had a daughter, Christine. I love her to bits. the marriage suffered by her infidelity, with my best friend, and business partner, While I was earning it, he was screwing my wife. so divorced 1963. remarried 1971. I had heart attack 1982, and was pensioned off. I overcame all that, then - sadly Wife 2 died in 2006, when I was 76, and I then met and married Thai wife 3. and I decided God gave me an extra life - so I was determined to live it to the full. Take my advice - work hard, keep your brain active. I now feel fitter than I ever have. dontheturner

Don, I appreciate that candid response. I am inspired, and hope to follow your lead. I am watching my FIL's health deteriorate, due in large part to his idleness and have made up my mind to not let that happen to me. I am not the sort to just sit around, I hardly even watch TV much at all. My problem is, I have too many interests and never seem to have enough time to do them all, but as I get older, I seem to be focusing more on the woodworking as it is very rewarding. Keep the projects coming as I know I am not the only one who appreciates your work!

Top Bottom