Coffee Mug In Progress

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Just puttering away on this one and showing it in uncompleted stage this time.
I turned it from the only piece of elm wood I had that I figured 'might' be big enough to make a coffee mug with . It was only 3.5" x 3.5" x 8" . That is the absolute minimum as far as diameter goes that one of these mugs can be made from so I was careful to get dead center on the blank before turning and wasn't sure if I would be able to actually do it or not. . I much prefer a minimum of 4" x 4" blank. .
It now has four coats of Minwax Wipe On gloss poly and will get about 4 more coats before assembly. The gloss is quite good already but unfortunately doesn't show very well due to my aim and click photography in Auto mode. However there are some reflections showing in it from the hardware sitting beside it.

ElmMuginProgress.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

Very nice. I did one out of Koa and sprayed it with lacquer. Didn't turn out too bad. Yours looks like it may be better than mine.

W.Y.

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Very nice. I did one out of Koa and sprayed it with lacquer. Didn't turn out too bad. Yours looks like it may be better than mine.

Here is a staved one I made a while back that I finished with lacquer.

340847773.jpg

Last edited:

W.Y.

Top Bottom