Clip making

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RonInSpringTX

I'm just throwing this out there and see if anyone knows.I've gotta customer who would buy some pens. He runs a a hot pepper sauce/etc. shop in Old Town Spring, near here, they get a lot of shoppers, especially on the weekends/holidays, etc. I thought about casting some peppers into some resin/etc, which I still might. But, what I'd like if someone can/or knows someone who can make a small pepper, preferably a jalapeno or habenero clip. Just a small one for the clip or if you could cast a whole pepper for the clip great. LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!
I would be willing to buy 20 or 30 maybe to start, (I'm sure others would buy them!!) I would need to see samples/ prices, etc. intended product. (prefer slimline,Polaris or Cigar, but whatever is easiest!!!)let me know!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

That's a tall order. Seems I've seen peppers in pens, but I can't even imagine how you'd cast a pepper into a clip. The clip is pretty small, and thin, and somewhat fragile. I'd suggest maybe you make a wooden clip perhaps something along these line ...www.Davidreedsmith.com and paint a pepper on the face of the clip. I'm sure you ask around enough, you'll find someone casting pepper blanks.

ESwindell

Ron,
There are some on this board that use precious metal clay that might be able to make a pepper clip. I know that jrc makes pen parts. You can also check in "advanced pen making" and see if you can find others, or maybe they will see this thread and chime in.
God Bless,
Eric

follow3

What about making or carving an original, then use it to make a mold from silicone mold material, then cast the pepper out of PR and attach it to any clip you want.

You could cast them any size and color you want.
If you can make an original out of something, I would be willing to make a mold and cast some for you. I have mold and casting material on hand. If you can come up with an original, we're in business.

Let me know,
Steve

RonInSpringTX

Jeff, I didn't mean casting an actual pepper for a clip, I meant a mold/form from a small designed pepper. Sorry, guess I kinda didn't state it specifically. Thanks though!!
Eric, thanks, I might look into that area of the site.
Steve, it sounds like too much trouble to make a mold of any kind, wood would be a pain in the butt to carve right. Just not cost feasible, by the time I put into it, to the cost of the pen that would be the end result.
Thanks y'all for comments/suggestions. Maybe I'll email Penn State suggesting this. Who knows, they may go for it!! Y'all would probably buy some, right??? I'll let you know on any progress. Thanx for the suggestions, I appreciate it!! That's what this site is all about!!
later, peace............ Ronnie

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I found some very interesting stuff in the kids jewellery section in the local supermarket. There are all sorts of cheap weird ear rings and I'm sure I once saw chillies. They are painted (perhaps enameled)and can be stuck on an existing clip. (I just made sure I had my daughter with me.[:I])

btboone

Pepper charms or earrings might be the way to go.

They could be cast in silver or another metal, but it gets expensive. Some of the more advanced guys here do that. You would do or pay for the solid modeling; maybe $150, printing or carving a wax master; maybe around $75, making a master silicone mold, around $30, and casting the parts; maybe around $30 each or less depending on quantity.

bitshird

Originally posted by RonInSpringTX

I'm just throwing this out there and see if anyone knows.I've gotta customer who would buy some pens. He runs a a hot pepper sauce/etc. shop in Old Town Spring, near here, they get a lot of shoppers, especially on the weekends/holidays, etc. I thought about casting some peppers into some resin/etc, which I still might. But, what I'd like if someone can/or knows someone who can make a small pepper, preferably a jalapeno or habenero clip. Just a small one for the clip or if you could cast a whole pepper for the clip great. LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!
I would be willing to buy 20 or 30 maybe to start, (I'm sure others would buy them!!) I would need to see samples/ prices, etc. intended product. (prefer slimline,Polaris or Cigar, but whatever is easiest!!!)let me know!!!!
Are you talking about casting a pepper in something like Sterling or Jewelers bronze ? How would you attach it to the clip? Or would you want the clip cast as one piece? I have a small Chili pepper that we cast for charms, it's about 3/8 long and about 1/8 wide at the widest place near the stem, Now that I'm retired I can work on casting clips,
PM me and I'll see if we can work something out on a design

Top Bottom