Clip Issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

So I was playing around yesterday with pens using the slim kit without the center band. I wanted to try to make a fat pen. I think it turned out ok, but the clip can't handle the thick pen.

How do ya'll get around this?

lyptusfat.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

So I was playing around yesterday with pens using the slim kit without the center band. I wanted to try to make a fat pen. I think it turned out ok, but the clip can't handle the thick pen.

How do ya'll get around this?

Use a kit designed for a larger barrel. In my opinion, there is nothing more unappealing than a slimline with a clip sticking out so far as to make it non functional.

Texatdurango

I agree, hence my post.

Any kit recommendations? Cheap ones please.
Well, I'm familiar with several kits but I always select a kit based on it's look and feel not based on the kit price. Even if given as gifts, why not spend a few more dollars and get something that looks nice rather than cheap?

Looking at the shape of the pen you made, the Craft Supply Jr Gent Ballpoint comes to mind. They are relatively inexpensive and with 25% knocked off in a group buy, are very appealing. They are easy to make and have a nice mechanism. The pen is not too fat nor too thin and is one of my favorite ball point pens. The Sierra, although a different style, makes a nice popular selling pen and kits can be found on sale at most vendors at any given time.

Top Bottom