Circuit Board Pen Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Neil,
Please verify if these are the real CBs or not. I was under the impression that the ones from Berea that Bruce sells were the printed label. Bruce told me last month it would probably be summer before he made any more of the actual CB blanks.
I have stabbed my way through one and it was as real as any cicuit board I have ever seen. These are not labels.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Neil,
Please verify if these are the real CBs or not. I was under the impression that the ones from Berea that Bruce sells were the printed label. Bruce told me last month it would probably be summer before he made any more of the actual CB blanks.

Neil,
This was my misunderstanding and I stand corrected. I apologize for any problems this may have caused.

jttheclockman

Just thought I would interject a thought here for those on the fence for buying these kits. I have found them to be a good seller so far for me. I prefer the better platings because I feel if I am going to charge a fair price I should offer a fair kit. Even if you go with the upgraded gold or chrome they are still a great deal ordering through this buy. That is almost a 30% savings and to give these a try it is well worth it. The kits are very well done and turn very easily. Good sharp tools and it is an easy kit to assemble. There is plenty of room on the board to fit a sierra or as the kit is a Sierra Vista. The seams is hardly detectable and put it under the clip and most is gone. This is not a write up on the kit itself just a friendly note if you are debating as to the value of this kit. To me it is a worthwhile deal. I like to thank Neil for taking this group buy on. :)

Randy_

Neil...are these blanks in the sierra click version which is a bit longer than the basic sierra.....

These kits are the Sierra Vista kit which is the standard Sierra kit on steroids. It is the same length as the Sierra; but a little bigger around to accommodate a larger diameter blank. Here is what Bruce has to say about using the computer blank with the other Sierra kits:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"So I turned the first one with the kit supplied I turned bushing to bushing and it turned out great. The blanks turn very easy with little or no smell very similar to the polyester resin we use. The other two I decided to see if and how I could get the blank to fit a Sierra and a Sierra click. You can get it to fit both you just can't turn bushing to bushing. You have to leave it a little fat. The smallest you can safely turn it (without hitting components) is using the larger clip end bushing of the Sierra Vista that is about .551. I turned the whole blank to .551 using the Sierra Vista bushing as a guide. Then round the ends and blend them to size cutting after the components on the ends (see photos).....[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]It is designed for one kit the Sierra Vista. BUT I did get it to fit on both the Sierra and the Sierra Click (With a modification to the chrome extension)."[/FONT]

The SV tube is the same length and diameter as the Sierra and the same diameter; but shorter than the Sierra click.
Near as I can figure, you can grind 0.211" off the little extension in the click pen and a Parker refill will still work just fine.

The uni-ball or the Pilot G2 will not work as they will be too long......unless you or your clients are willing to go to the added hassle of using a utility knife to chop 0.211" off the end of the refill. There is empty tube at the top of the refill so you won't get into the ink supply. Asking a customer to do that for all future refills may be more than most want to risk?? If so, I wouldn't mess around with shortening the extension. I would just discard it and shorten the blank a little more so the kit can be used with the Parker refill and no extension.

The above are the ramblings of a somewhat sleep-deprived pencrafter and there may be something I have overlooked. I'm going to contact Bruce tomorrow to confirm that all of the above is accurate.

Last edited:

hdbblue

Neil, please add me for three Gold TI and two platinum kits as well as a set of bushings. Shipping to Canada (V8T 1G6). Please send a PM with total.

Thanks,

TomW

Neil,

Please put me down for 3 gold titanium kits @ $20each, and one set of bushings!

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
PMs have been sent to everyone at this point. I appreciate the quickness of the payments so far, that is going to speed things up for all of us. If you have not received an email or a PM from me, please let me know before time runs out and the orer goes in. Thank you

jttheclockman

Neil

Is this buy closed and ordered sent in??? I did not see the close sign on the first page. I have a feeling there are going to be backorders from the amount I see posted. Can you confirm this???

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
John, the closed sign is in the first thread and the numbers are in. We will have some info shortly and as soon as I have anything, I will be happy to post it in a new thread so everyone has as much information as I do. I am hoping that they are not going to be back ordered, but I will find out soon and share the info.

tbroye

Think I put this in the wrong thread. My kits arrived this afternoon.

Thanks for all you hard work. Now to find some time to turn a few.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
If anyone doesn't have time to turn them, feel free to send them back and I'll be happy to turn them for you.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom