Churchill question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chris99210

Is the Churchill rollerball meant to be postable? There's no thread on the receiving end but the cap does fit onto the black enamel end of the body (sort of, in my opinion). I would think the hard plastic threads would eventually mar the enamel, but that's a guess. The pen looks good with the cap posted but I'm having a hard time accepting that the design is just a friction fit of the cap onto the post.

Thanks,
Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Both Alfred and Stan are correct. Yes, they are meant to be friction posable and yes they will scratch with continued postings.

chris99210

Thanks guys.

Now I'm wondering what I tell the customer that is buying the pen. Yes, it is postable, but buyer beware of future chipping of the finish? Or no, don't post it? I'd be inclined to say the latter, but that limits the market to those who don't need to post the cap. I probably won't make many of these; too bad because I really like their look and feel.

Thanks,
Chris

zig613

Chris...

I sell it to my customers as a non-postal pen. For two reasons - 1.) it is top heavy with the cap posted; and 2.) as noted above the marring of the finish of the finale. So far so good. A number of people are looking for a larger pen vs. the other rollerball pen I stock (JR Gent II) and the Churchill is a big seller for me.

Wade

Top Bottom