Braided metal supply line click pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MSGMP

A guy showed me a pen he bought several years ago that the body is made from braided metal supply line. Looked very nice but did not recognize the kit for it. The entire top is depressed, no push button. Has anyone else seen this? If so, any ideas on the kit? I have looked and the only kit I have seen is the Classic American click but it has two different sized upper and lower barrels. Need something that would be the same diameter. I would really like to try this so any suggestions, to include modifications, would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

All of the cap click pens I've ever seen have two different sized tubes for upper and lower barrels , the upper barrel has to slide over or into the lower barrel to click the pen so they can't be the same size other wise it has to be a button click . A picture would be great .

Boz

About 5 years ago I went to the Concours car show in Pebble Beach CA. There was a company there selling pens. I bought a Porsche design pen that was made of braded SS. It was not cheap as I recall. I have it at home. I will try and post a picture of it and if I can figure out how to take it apart post pictures of that as well. You would have to be handy with a metal lathe to make the cap.

68plymouth

Is this the type your looking for? Its not a kit but its not inexpensive either. I put the clips on this type of pen and some of the ones that I turn. The clips sell good but the braided pen no so much.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 217

MSGMP

I am going to try to get a picture but may have found a kit that will work. The Vertex by PSI looks like it might work out, or at least be modified. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will post a picture when I get it.

Top Bottom