Christchurch NZ Had A Big One

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

Just saw on the that Christchurch had a 6.3 shaker and that there were a couple deaths and a lot of damage.
I PM'd Toni to see if she is OK.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Got e-mail from Toni. Her house shook and pictures and stuff came off the walls but the building integrity withstood it. Everybody in household shaken up but survived without injury. It lasted 1 minute. Apparently, it devastated the town. Toni is shaken up in her words but hanging in there.
I think it's time for her to come home.
Regards, Doic

PenMan1

Yep, New Jersey seems like a much safer place, right now? Does the IAP do international rescues?

Hang in there, Toni! Post if you need us!

tbroye

Saw some of coverage it looks bad a whole mountain side came down. I live in California so I have felt a few but none here in Sacramento in my life time,68 years. They are very frightening and I am 100 mile away from the Bay Area. Felt one when I was a kid. It was in Taft CA, near Bakersfield about close to 300 miles away. LOML had to work as part of the State disaster team in both the 89 SF and 94 LA earthquake and the aftershocks scare the Hell out of her, got many call in the middle of the night. They had here staying on the upper floors of some tall hotels.

PenPal

Re the Earth quake over 60 people have lost their lives so far the devastation is in the City proper the second Quake in a few months, it is being broadcast continuousl since lunch time in New Zealand about 4 hrs from us by plane to us by direct TV.

World disasters can occur anywhere running from can be running to probably not the way to go in a hurry.

Please keep safe everyone at this time especially Toni.

Kind Regards Peter.

Carrick

Prayers and thoughts go out to all the New Zealanders and their families affected. Hopefully, the support is swift and those things that can be returned to normal are done so quickly...

wood128

Are thoughts and prayers are with all the people of NZ.There are our good IAP friends in Australia that need help from the floods and Cyclone damage. Now we have New Zealand. After the Birthday Bash, I would like to start a fund raiser for these people.I will list some details soon. Stay tunned ! May God Bless .
Joe

Last edited:

sgimbel

Just saw the news on Christ Church. Thank God Toni is unharmed and pray for the rest. Toni I don't know why your living there but it's time to come home.

Boz

I have some friends that shipped their motorcycles to NZ for a vintage rally. They spent a couple of weeks rideing around and said it is a very beautiful country. Natural disaters can happen anywhere. Heck we had a small earthquake here in the midwest a couple of years ago.

airrat

We were watching the news at the airport last night on the earthquake. Its funny, one of the things people watch before they board a plane, some type of disaster. Thoughts and prayers go out to NZ and Toni.

Lenny

Got e-mail from Toni. Her house shook and pictures and stuff came off the walls but the building integrity withstood it. Everybody in household shaken up but survived without injury. It lasted 1 minute. Apparently, it devastated the town. Toni is shaken up in her words but hanging in there.
I think it's time for her to come home.
Regards, Doic

Good to know everyone in her family is Ok!
Thanks for posting this Doc, I was wondering about her.

nava1uni

Good wishes for you and the survivors. I live here in earthquake country and know how scary it can be. I am glad that you and your family have survived your latest quake without injury. Be careful of the after shocks, they can also be scary. Hope that your family and friends are all okay.

Top Bottom