Chip & Dip bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gin N' Tonic

Gin N' Tonic

Here is a bowl I just put the second coat of oil on. It's 16" in diameter. Made purely as a utility bowl using the stave technique from some wood a friend gave to me. Can you guess the wood? It's actually very similar to a bowl that one of my sister in laws had that was made from bamboo. My other sister in law really liked it so I said that I would make one for her birthday.

Attachments

• bowl1.jpg
    bowl1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 169
  • bowl2.jpg
    bowl2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 228
  • Bowl3.jpg
    Bowl3.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 161
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Wow...! I know that can't be but, my Australian Black Wattle is exactly like that, even the yellow sapwood is the same colour...!:eek:
I've just sliced 2 x 10" dry logs yesterday for an order/request and I only wish that I had taken pics of the boards before I started ripping them into strips...!

Another thing that is so strangely identical is the dark browns through the grain with also one common similarity, the Chatoyance...!:eek::bulgy-eyes:

Nicely glued-up, configuration and finish...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Gin N' Tonic

Would you believe it's walnut?

I helped him cut down the tree and he had a portable mill come and cut it up. I got my choice of wood and this stuff looked a little weird so I grabbed it. Thanks for the comments.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The four sections that it rests on looked like walnut.

But the rest looked so light???
Beautiful result, no matter what the wood is!!!

Top Bottom