Chess any one?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tommyd

tommyd

I always wanted to make a chess board and pieces. Finally got around to it.
It is all made from walnut and maple, squares are 2" . table has a drawer on each side to hold pieces. finished with about 15 coats of lacquer and a coat of paste wax. I only had to throw out about a dozen pieces because they didn't come out right but other than that everything went ok.

Attachments

• PICT0252-crop2.JPG
    PICT0252-crop2.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 212
  • PICT0253-crop.JPG
    PICT0253-crop.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 231
  • PICT0254.JPG
    PICT0254.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 259
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

Wow! That is outstanding! I really like not only the board but the storage for the pieces underneath. At first glance, the modernistic look of the pieces kind of threw me off, but as I looked them over more closely, I now really like their design. This is an excellent piece. Did you make this for yourself, or as a gift?

DMGill

Nice set! My sister-in-law has asked me to make a chess set, so i'll be getting started on it pretty soon (after I finish all the pens and bottle stoppers she ordered). Some of the stoppers have turned out kind of chess piece looking. Practice!

LouCee

Nice job on both the board and pieces Tom. A chess board and pieces is something I've wanted to try but I keep thinking that I won't be able to to turn some decent looking pieces. I guess I'll just have to jump in and give it a try, yours look great! Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom