Celebration

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NavyDiver

I just found out that I've been selected for promotion to Captain (Colonel equivilent for those of you with an Army background ;) ). It means I'll get to stick around in the Canoe Club for a few more years :D.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by NavyDiver

I just found out that I've been selected for promotion to Captain (Colonel equivilent for those of you with an Army background ;) ). It means I'll get to stick around in the Canoe Club for a few more years :D.

Wow.... o-6! .... Congrats indeed Cap...

From a Puddle Pirate BMC ....
Cheers.gif

When's the wetting down?

Verne

Congratulation Colonel, er I mean Captain. Being an E-4 in the AF I never could get those Navy ranks right. Just knew when to salute. Salute! Quite an accomplishment in any mans, er, or womens military.
Vern

DocStram

Congratulations, Eric! (The Navy has a shipyard in TN?) ;)

BTW that's a great picture in your album of your son turning a pen. Talk about intensity ... just look at his face! Plus, he looks like a junior Eric ... the guy even stands like his dad! :D:D

NavyDiver

Originally posted by DocStram

Congratulations, Eric! (The Navy has a shipyard in TN?) ;)

BTW that's a great picture in your album of your son turning a pen. Talk about intensity ... just look at his face! Plus, he looks like a junior Eric ... the guy even stands like his dad! :D:D

No shipyards in TN - only the Navy's headquarters for all personnel assignments. [:p]

You are not the first to notice the fact that the boy does take after his Dad :D (sometimes it drives my wife crazy to have to deal with two of us [}:)]).

Congrats Cap'n..
I've heard that that is a tough rank to make, I'm sure we all appreciate your service.

Not to take away your thread, but way way back, I was an RM3 at the Naval Station on Guam. We had Typhoon Karen blow up the mouth of the harbor and did a real job on the naval base. The base radio station was on the ground floor of the Admin building and had about 3 inches of water, so we were trying to salvage the transmitters and such. A troop ship had called the harbor the day after the typhoon and was commandeered by ComNavMar to aid with the clean up. We had a new soldier, right out of boot camp, standing guard outside our door since we couldn't use the electronic locks... When the base Captain stopped by to check on our progress he was properly challenged by the young soldier, but when the Captain identified himself as "Captain Clarke" he wouldn't let him in... he didn't believe he was a Captain. I had to vouch for the Captain before he would let pass.

Top Bottom