Casting Zazzle stickers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

I'm looking at trying some metallic stickers. Has anyone tried casting stickers from Zazzle in Silmar41 resin? I want to experiment with some new designs, but don't want to waste money on a project that someone has already tried and failed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kruzzer

These were a couple I did at Halloween with metallic zazzle stickers. I didn't cast these, they were applied to a sanded blank and then CA'd to death until I couldn't feel any ridge. I've done several other ones the same way and they turned out fine. Hope this helps...

Attachments

• IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 329

JohnU

I agree with Rich. If u use CA, you don't have the worries of a blow out or any reactions or bonding issues between the decal and resin. Just over turn them a little to leave room for the CA buildup. Also, if there are any transparent places on or around the decals, I would recommend a light CA finish all smooth and micro meshed before the decal. If not, your dull finish will be trapped behind the decal and will show in comparison to the rest of the pen when finished. Good luck !

And Nice pens Rich!

Last edited:

thewishman

I'm still wondering if anyone has tried casting the stickers. Got some ideas about using them in a few different ways without going the CA route - I HATE getting glue on my hands!

Fay Prozora

I saw some cute little stickers at the store a couple of days ago and I was thinking Hummmmm Just maybe. So one day I will give it a try also. Next payday I will get one of Fred's tube in molds and give this and a few other things a try. Some where in my fly tying stuff I have some really pretty shiny stuff I could try also. Maybe even a fly or two just for kicks but the barrel of the pen would need to be a little bit fatter so the hooks on the flies won't stick out and get broken off from a tool. Just thinking. It's very interesting and those are cute pens. FAy

Top Bottom