Casting Cat Hair

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TowMater

I have a friend that had a cat pass away that was very important to the family. He has asked me about turning him a pen with some of the hair cast in clear alumilite. My concern is that the hair will just lay against the tube and not really be very interesting.

Any ideas floating around out there on how this blank might be dressed up abit???

Please no hairball jokes as he'll most likely read the thread here.

sbell111

I might actually discuss casting it in a blank where the hair is not so obvious. After all, he likely doesn't need to constatly be looking at the hair as much as he feels the need to be close to it.

When my dog passed, we had her cremated. We placed her urn in a small cabinet in our living room. It's somewhat comforting to me to know that she's still around, but I don't have to see the urn all the time, saving me from constantly reliving the pain of her loss. (Those of you that don't actually mourn the loss of your pet won't understand this analogy, but I bet that the friend in question would.)

Manny

Long or short hair?

Just thinking about a small ribbon bow glued to a colored tube with the name of the cat and a small meesage either on the ribbon itself or ingraved on the colored tube surface would be nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom