Castaway VI : Revenge of the Casters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

MEMEME Pick me :redface:

Everyone has had several chances

Ohh come on....Several???? Really? I have only seen my name 5-6 times..... :biggrin:

Just a little slow on the draw. I am subscribed but sometimes it take 20 mins for the email to get to me and then I am too late. Need some of those Google glasses and I will just keep IAP on the left eye.

Buzzzz4

Ohh come on....Several???? Really? I have only seen my name 5-6 times..... :biggrin:

Just a little slow on the draw. I am subscribed but sometimes it take 20 mins for the email to get to me and then I am too late. Need some of those Google glasses and I will just keep IAP on the left eye.

I hear ya. I figure I will get it at just the right time.

edicehouse

Good afternoon, would the remain people that have not received the box please sound off, or at least "like" this status. I am looking at the names and it seems a couple I have not heard heads or tails from since it started. They have not posted in the thread or PM or anything, so just making sure all are still vested.

Brooks
Truckfixr
Justturnin
Dakcrew
Buzzzz
Sumterdad
besquare
vanngo5d
johnu

This is not to see who gets the box after Harley, just to make sure people still checking and invested.

Justturnin

Good afternoon, would the remain people that have not received the box please sound off, or at least "like" this status. I am looking at the names and it seems a couple I have not heard heads or tails from since it started. They have not posted in the thread or PM or anything, so just making sure all are still vested.

Brooks
Truckfixr
Justturnin
Dakcrew
Buzzzz
Sumterdad
besquare
vanngo5d
johnu

This is not to see who gets the box after Harley, just to make sure people still checking and invested.

Tease:tongue:

edicehouse

All right since no one claimed it last round:

Dakcrew
Buzzzz
JohnU

First one to claim it in this thread send your information to Harley2001

Last edited:

Justturnin

we should do one of these but with Bottle Stopper Blanks, I can't be the only one who casts them.....

I have been wanting to start on the larger blanks, but haven't decided on molds yet. What do you use for yours?

I build all my own molds to fit my needs. They are a culmination of trial and error. I use Mold Max molds and cutting board depending on what I am doing.

I keep PVC w/ tape for any excess resin to pour in. I spray that with the alumilite mold release and tap them out w/ a dowel.

mpmopc

Got my Box

Some pictures of what I got, what I am giving, and what I am taking.
Tracking number in a bit. Phil

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Dakcrew

we should do one of these but with Bottle Stopper Blanks, I can't be the only one who casts them.....

I have been wanting to start on the larger blanks, but haven't decided on molds yet. What do you use for yours?

I build all my own molds to fit my needs. They are a culmination of trial and error. I use Mold Max molds and cutting board depending on what I am doing.

I keep PVC w/ tape for any excess resin to pour in. I spray that with the alumilite mold release and tap them out w/ a dowel.

PVC Pipe works for me
Thanks guys. I have been thinking of building my own molds and such from silicone, but haven't taken that leap yet. I also use PVC for the pen blank size, but was just curious about larger size blanks such as those for bottle stoppers.

Joe S.

I did in fact turn the long clicker blank but screwed up assembling it and it broke. Sometimes it's just sickening.

Joe S.

I did in fact turn the long clicker blank but screwed up assembling it and it broke. Sometimes it's just sickening.

Say it ain't so Joe.

What happened? I may have to send you another.

I pressed a little too hard on the nip coupler (without the tip screwed on) and the little "lip" went right into the brass tube, breaking chips of resin off the end. I think part of the problem was it flared out a little from TBC with the tailstock a little too tight.

Top Bottom