Castaway IV-Calling All Casters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

As the III box is winding its way down, it is time to start up another castaway box to keep the fun going. Please read the rules closely and sign up for some fun. This activity will be cut off with 20 participants.

I'll start things off by filling a small flat rate box with as many home cast blanks as possible and send that to the 1st participant. They will select a few blanks and replace and refill the box to capacity with their own castings. It's that simple.

I will use the same process to determine the shipping order. Once the signups have ended I will generate a master list and I will select 3 people at random. I will then post those 3 names in the thread. The FIRST of those 3 names to reply IN THIS THREAD will be the next person in line to get the box. My hope in doing this will allow those that travel for work, or may have an event that wouldn't allow them to quickly participate to opt out of recieving the box. So if your name is chosen and you KNOW you have something going on that will hinder your timing then please hold out and your name WILL come up again. There will be a 24hr response time and if no one responds to the thread I will select 3 new names. I'd like to have a 2 day max time that the box is at any location to help speed things along.

This box will be limited to the first 20 Signups starting NOW and will last until either 20 have signed up or until 10pm 1/10/2012 whichever comes first.

So here are the rules:

1. To be able to participate you MUST have your full name and location in your IAP profile.

2. You must be able to ship internationally. This is open to ALL casters so at any time you may have to pay for international shipping. If you can not do this then please do not sign up.

3. Any pen blank is acceptable as long as you cast it. Multi-Colored blanks, Embedded objects, Clear casts, etc. is fair game as long as it's turnable and you cast it.

4. IF you use the Resin Saver type molds, please separate the blanks and tape them end to end. This will allow for more blanks to fit into the box.

5. I'd like for everyone to label their work so those who turn them and decide to post to the forum can give proper "kudos" to the caster.

6. I'd also like for everyone to include a before and after picture so we can all watch it's progress.

7. Delivery conformation is CRUCIAL and MADATORY to the survival of the box. Unexplainable phenomina can happen, but this way we'll know who was the last to ship, and/or the last to recieve. So each time the box is shipped it MUST have delivery conformation and that tracking # has to be posted in the "Cast Away Box Part IV" thread so everyone can keep track of its movement and all will be in the loop. Not all international services will be trackable but if possible please post tracking #'s.

8. Please try to turn around the box within three business days. If unable to do so, please be in communication with timing of shipping.

9. HAVE FUN and put some cool blanks in the box! Last go around we all sorts of great blanks from worthless wood to mammoth ivory. I'd like to see that type of trend continue.

Those are the rules folks. If you feel you can not adhere to them please don't sign up.

Sign Ups start NOW. If there are any questions please ask them in the thread for all to see. Thanks and Happy Casting! --Eric B. (Buzzzz4)

Last edited:

terryf

7. Delivery conformation is CRUCIAL and MADATORY to the survival of the box. Unexplainable phenomina can happen, but this way we'll know who was the last to ship, and/or the last to recieve. So each time the box is shipped it MUST have delivery conformation and that tracking # has to be posted in the "Cast Away Box Part II" thread so everyone can keep track of its movement and all will be in the loop. Not all international services will be trackable but if possible please post tracking #'s.

Shouldn't this read Castaway Box Part IV

Buzzzz4

7. Delivery conformation is CRUCIAL and MADATORY to the survival of the box. Unexplainable phenomina can happen, but this way we'll know who was the last to ship, and/or the last to recieve. So each time the box is shipped it MUST have delivery conformation and that tracking # has to be posted in the "Cast Away Box Part II" thread so everyone can keep track of its movement and all will be in the loop. Not all international services will be trackable but if possible please post tracking #'s.

Shouldn't this read Castaway Box Part IV

Thanks for the catch! Fixed.

Phunky_2003

Throw me in...

If you want a lil variation to start it up pm me your address and I will pop a few blanks in the mail and send them your way.

cwolfs69

i am in if i made it in time. haven't counted yet.

after counting i think made it for this one.

Last edited:

sumterdad

What makes it so bad about missing out on this one is I just finished casting some Blanks and then I got on here and seen this. Oh well maybe someone will start another round before this one is over.

Buzzzz4

Let's get this party started!!!

I will draw three names, the first to respond in this thread will be the receiver of the box.

I will post an initial pic and the tracking number. Each of the blanks will be labeled with the creators user name and material.

The receiver should choose 4-5 blanks and replace them, then take a pic and post it with the tracking number.

The goal is to keep the box moving. If you are not in a good place right now to turn the box around, don't speak up. This box will be moving for a couple months. Any questions? Please PM me.

And now to the names......

Goodturns
Scrollsawwoodart
Cwolfs69

cwolfs69

Let's get this party started!!!

I will draw three names, the first to respond in this thread will be the receiver of the box.

I will post an initial pic and the tracking number. Each of the blanks will be labeled with the creators user name and material.

The receiver should choose 4-5 blanks and replace them, then take a pic and post it with the tracking number.

The goal is to keep the box moving. If you are not in a good place right now to turn the box around, don't speak up. This box will be moving for a couple months. Any questions? Please PM me.

And now to the names......

Goodturns
Scrollsawwoodart
Cwolfs69

send it to me, ill take some and send some

Phunky_2003

Buzz,

Did you get the ones I sent yet? Thought they said it would arrive Friday.... I got tracking number some place..... I'll have to locate it.

Buzzzz4

No problem. I will hold the box til it comes. Charley, James is helping with starting the box so you get some choices in variety. As soon as his box gets here, it will be on it's way.

Brooks803

I'm planning on starting one up after the birthday bash. Unless someone else wants to do one. For me I've got way too much on my plate with casting orders and I'll be running one of the bash contests.

Top Bottom