Cast Away Box Part II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rounder

Timebandit

Il take it

All yours Justin, time to get casting!

:eek:Casting........Whats that:rolleyes::biggrin:

Thought I taught you that!!! You stick a hook with bait on a line and throw it as far as you can in the water and see if you can catch a fish!!! Maybe you will finally understand when you get that box from Goodturns.:biggrin::wink:

Well hopefully hes a better teacher than you are cause i still dont get it:tongue:

Brooks803

Il take it

Thought I taught you that!!! You stick a hook with bait on a line and throw it as far as you can in the water and see if you can catch a fish!!! Maybe you will finally understand when you get that box from Goodturns.:biggrin::wink:

Just don't throw in the fly blanks from Jon :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

kevrob

Darn it, this is what I get for leaving the forum for 45 minutes while I read a book, I missed my chance! That's what I get for trying to finish this book! Lol.

Oh well, maybe next time!

Rounder

Il take it

Just don't throw in the fly blanks from Jon :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You never know, the fish might have something important to write down.:eek::biggrin::wink:

Timebandit

Box showed up today. You guys will have to give me a couple of days to get mine done. I will post as soon as its ready to go out.

Brooks803

Thanks Justin! While we're waiting for that lets see who's gonna be next in line! Here are our next 3 potential recipients:

Ttalsma (seriously...go buy a lottery ticket!)

WarrenG8170

1080Wayne

Remember, the FIRST person to respond IN THIS THREAD saying they'd like the box next will get it. Good luck!

Timebandit

Box will go out today. Here is the tracking # 9405 9036 9930 0045 0860 04.

Here are pics of how it looked when i got it, what i took out, what i put in and what it looks like with the goodies back in it. These are my FIRST casts, so they are not perfect, but i think i did pretty good. My blanks are Western Diamondback snake skin blanks, and there are a few air bubbles near the seams on them, but all in all i think i did quite well:biggrin: can hardly see the seams if it werent for the bubbles. Whoever gets the sierra blank will have to be careful when they get close to size. The seam is pretty thick, not sure how to make it smaller, so you might just hit the skin a little bit, but just at the seam. Just take it easy and cover with CA. Wish i had time to do more, but...................

Thanks Guys

Justin

Attachments

• DSC_0579.jpg
    DSC_0579.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0582.jpg
    DSC_0582.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0581.jpg
    DSC_0581.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0580.jpg
    DSC_0580.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 122

warreng8170

Looking forward to it. My blanks are ready to go in so I should be able to turn the box around as soon as I get the info for the next recipient.

Brooks803

I want to see how some of the ones I put in will look once finished! Justin, is that purpule one you set out for yourself one of mine? It's hard to tell from the pick. If it is be sure to reverse paint it! And if you really want a challenge lets see you try and go kitless with it :wink: don't worry about breaking it, it's just a blank and I'll make you another one if it happens :biggrin:

seamus7227

I want to see how some of the ones I put in will look once finished! Justin, is that purpule one you set out for yourself one of mine? It's hard to tell from the pick. If it is be sure to reverse paint it! And if you really want a challenge lets see you try and go kitless with it :wink: don't worry about breaking it, it's just a blank and I'll make you another one if it happens :biggrin:

Ewwheww hew!! I hear a challenge coming on Justin!! :biggrin:

Rounder

I'm betting on Justin!!! ( No pressure kiddo, just DO IT!!! Like your Daddy said!)

Timebandit

I think so. It has some writing on it but i cant read it. It looks like something you might do:wink: Reverse paint.................whats that:confused::rolleyes::biggrin:.........and you didnt think i was just gonna pick a couple out and slap them on kits did you:eek:.......................................Oh yeah and i dont respond to challenges..........................................Dares....................now thats another thing all in itself:biggrin:

Again i dont do challenges...........now if you would like to dare me.............or double dog dare me........................or triple dog dare me:biggrin:..........cant turn that one down:biggrin:

I'm betting on Justin!!! ( No pressure kiddo, just DO IT!!! Like your Daddy said!)

Is that what my Daddy said:confused::eek::biggrin:...............................................................:frown:.........................well if Daddy said so...................................:cool:.................................Daddy must be right........................right????????????????????right????????????????wait maybe not:rolleyes::tongue::biggrin:

Last edited:

Brooks803

I quadruple dog dare you :devil::tongue::biggrin:

If it's barely legible tiny chicken scratch it's probably mine :redface: I took the MCAT but they couldn't read my name to give me credit :frown::tongue::wink::biggrin:

Rounder

I think so. It has some writing on it but i cant read it. It looks like something you might do:wink: Reverse paint.................whats that:confused::rolleyes::biggrin:.........and you didnt think i was just gonna pick a couple out and slap them on kits did you:eek:.......................................Oh yeah and i dont respond to challenges..........................................Dares....................now thats another thing all in itself:biggrin:

Again i dont do challenges...........now if you would like to dare me.............or double dog dare me........................or triple dog dare me:biggrin:..........cant turn that one down:biggrin:

Is that what my Daddy said:confused::eek::biggrin:...............................................................:frown:.........................well if Daddy said so...................................:cool:.................................Daddy must be right........................right????????????????????right????????????????wait maybe not:rolleyes::tongue::biggrin:

Now don't get cocky you little snot dribbling rug rat!!!:eek: I brought you into this world and I can take you out!!! You know I'm right. And if you don't believe me, I'll get on my soap box and give you a 30 minute lecture and explain it to you. So watch your mouth and make the purty pen like you know you can and impress these people. And...and..... and...DON'T EMBARASS ME EITHER!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:(sorry for the rant folks. wore out 1,872 belts on this kid and when I ran out, had to resort to soap box lectures.):rolleyes: Hmmmmm, we're not off topic yet are we? Let's see, those are nice looking blanks you cast there Timebandit! Whewww, that was close.

Last edited:

Timebandit

Now don't get cocky you little snot dribbling rug rat!!!:eek: I brought you into this world and I can take you out!!! You know I'm right. And if you don't believe me, I'll get on my soap box and give you a 30 minute lecture and explain it to you. So watch your mouth and make the purty pen like you know you can and impress these people. And...and..... and...DON'T EMBARASS ME EITHER!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:(sorry for the rant folks. wore out 1,872 belts on this kid and when I ran out, had to resort to soap box lectures.):rolleyes: Hmmmmm, we're not off topic yet are we? Let's see, those are nice looking blanks you cast there Timebandit! Whewww, that was close.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! You relax old man.....................you are getting WAY to feisty in you old age. Il make the pen for the man...........he dared me:biggrin:and he isnt kidding about the belts guys..............oh yeah and dont you remember me burning that soap box of yours:biggrin:

Thems are my first casts:biggrin:

warreng8170

Hey guys, the box arrived today. Since I can't send it back out until Monday I may mix up a few more blanks tomorrow to see what else I can come up with. I'll post before and after pics before I send it back in to the wild on Monday.

warreng8170

Box is packed and ready to go. Just need the info for the next destination. First photo is what I took. Next is what I'm sending and the last is the box ready to go.

Attachments

• Take.jpg
    Take.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Give.jpg
    Give.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Brooks803

Thanks Warren! Here are the next 3 names:

Pensbydesign

Phunky_2003

Truckfixr

Remember, the FIRST person to respong IN THIS THREAD will be the person to get the box next. Good luck!

D.Oliver

Really nice blanks Warren. I especially like those top two. Can't wait to see the pens that come out of them.

warreng8170

Really nice blanks Warren. I especially like those top two. Can't wait to see the pens that come out of them.

Thanks, I am really curious as to what the 2nd one down is going to look like. I've got a couple from that same cast but haven't had time to turn any pens lately. I am intrigued by the bottom one as well. I think there might be something really nice hiding in there. That's one of the addictive parts of this...there's a surprise in every one!

warreng8170

Box will go out today. Here is the tracking # 9405 9036 9930 0045 0860 04.

Here are pics of how it looked when i got it, what i took out, what i put in and what it looks like with the goodies back in it. These are my FIRST casts, so they are not perfect, but i think i did pretty good. My blanks are Western Diamondback snake skin blanks, and there are a few air bubbles near the seams on them, but all in all i think i did quite well:biggrin: can hardly see the seams if it werent for the bubbles. Whoever gets the sierra blank will have to be careful when they get close to size. The seam is pretty thick, not sure how to make it smaller, so you might just hit the skin a little bit, but just at the seam. Just take it easy and cover with CA. Wish i had time to do more, but...................

Thanks Guys

Justin

Hey Justin, I grabbed the snakeskin set. The imprint from the mold says JRSR1. I am assuming that is a Jr. Gent v1 not a v2 correct?

Top Bottom