Cartridge Pen Contest Thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ngeb528

So far, I have only seen three that stayed with the theme of Red, White and Blue.

Too bad for the rest of you, LOSERS. You have nice pens, just wrong threme.

Sorry to burst your bubble - the contest doesn't require you to use red, white and blue in your pen. Time to get new glasses.:bulgy-eyes:

THarvey

Sorry to burst your bubble - the contest doesn't require you to use red, white and blue in your pen. Time to get new glasses.:bulgy-eyes:

I didn't say required. I said theme.

Quoting Cav: "Three Cheers For The Red, White And Blue!!"

Maybe you need to borrow my glasses :glasses-nerdy:and memory for the original challenge. :eek:

ngeb528

I didn't say required. I said theme.

Quoting Cav: "Three Cheers For The Red, White And Blue!!"

Maybe you need to borrow my glasses :glasses-nerdy:and memory for the original challenge. :eek:

Hmmm, I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, he said that because he was initiating the contest for the monthe of July, which is when Independence Day is, not as a "theme" for the contest.
If it was supposed to be a themed submission, that info would have been included in the contest rules - nope, don't see it there.
Here are your glasses back.:wink:

So far, I have only seen three that stayed with the theme of Red, White and Blue.

You guys will have to excuse Tim's bad behavior, In Tim's defense he is feeling the heat from the other entry's. Wait until he sees my third entry, he will probably bust a blood vessel in his cranium and have another delusional psychotic episode like this one. :cat:

tim self

30.06/444

It ain't a plane or a rocket but it is a pen. My FIRST segmented cartidge attempt. 30.06 body with segmented bloodwood, alt ivory and holly (dyed blue), Navagator hardware for posting and nib. OK, I cheated and used a kit but it is together. I know ya'll would have done it in 5 minutes but it took me all day. No collet chucks or nib diesor metal lathe. Cap is Winchester 444. Have fun, it's ugly but it writes.:biggrin:

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 250
It ain't a plane or a rocket but it is a pen. My FIRST segmented cartidge attempt. 30.06 body with segmented bloodwood, alt ivory and holly (dyed blue), Navagator hardware for posting and nib. OK, I cheated and used a kit but it is together. I know ya'll would have done it in 5 minutes but it took me all day. No collet chucks or nib diesor metal lathe. Cap is Winchester 444. Have fun, it's ugly but it writes.:biggrin:

Looks great Tim :)

workinforwood

If you a newbie in the contest, title your post to say Brand Newbie! If you are a newbie that has already posted a pen, edit your post to say Brand Newbie. Maybe you will win a prize!!!

Last edited:

johnnycnc

If you a newbie in the contest, title your post to say Newbie! If you are a newbie that has already posted a pen, edit your post to say Newbie. Maybe you will win a prize!!!

I think maybe I can assemble a nice prize pack for the randomly drawn winner of an entry titled "newbie" (or noob, whateva' :star:) :)
All original rules apply, just needs to be a first time cartridge pen for the lucky winner.
Jeff sure has stirred up some interest here and I'm enjoying the posts.
Will edit this post with pic in a bit!
attachment.jpg

PRIZE PACK INCLUDES:
*MT2 live center
*MT2 dead center, HSS unmodified
*center drill
*(10) .308 military casings, resized so necks are round
*Between centers bushings for 7mm tubes,
one for clip, one to match base of .308 casing, both together
will allow you to turn a top for casing pen using a slimline clip.
* (2) genuine leather pen cases will hold up to Jr Gent size nicely

Attachments

• CTG2.JPG
    CTG2.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:

workinforwood

Awesome, Thanks John. So now, if you posted a pen, no matter what your experience in pen making, if this was your first ever cartridge pen, you are eligible for John's Prize! Add or edit your pen post to say Noob.

Hey..since Steve Jackson never made a casing pen before, he's a Noob too and might actually have a chance at a prize now! A noob can win the best pen too, but we already know the best pen is mine.

Rollerbob

Tim, thanks so much for recognizing those of us who try there best to play by the rules of the game.:redface: Even though it is not spelled out for some, you would think that they would get it, actually makes me wonder if they read any history books to know what 4 of July means(not that I question their patriotism):usflag: but as for the few of us that have stayed within those parameters, it appears that the winners have already been chosen.:cool: Now I must be careful in saying all of this in fear that they may read my post, thinking that they are LOSERS, when in fact they just did not understand the rules. :biggrin:

jaeger

The Silver Bullet

Put your chisels away,

Here is the Winner!!!

This is a nickel plated cartridge with a rhodeum kit and African Blackwood.

DSCN0245.jpg

workinforwood

Please edit your pen picture post so that CAV knows your eligibility for what prizes. Everyone still is eligible for the grand prizes of course.

Cat...if it's your first bullet, let it be known in your post. I'll be sure and tell Cav if he draws your name for the Johnny stuff, to accidentally drop it and draw another!:biggrin:

ngeb528

Tim, thanks so much for recognizing those of us who try there best to play by the rules of the game.:redface: Even though it is not spelled out for some, you would think that they would get it, actually makes me wonder if they read any history books to know what 4 of July means(not that I question their patriotism):usflag: but as for the few of us that have stayed within those parameters, it appears that the winners have already been chosen.:cool: Now I must be careful in saying all of this in fear that they may read my post, thinking that they are LOSERS, when in fact they just did not understand the rules. :biggrin:

Watch it, Bobby!:mad: My pen is from American made products. That equals patriotism too! Can everyone say that? I don't think so.

No more suckers for you:tongue::wink::biggrin:

OK, since Cav has let us have unlimited entry's here is my next one, it is a departure from my usual stuff. Its new name is the "Ultra Man" pen. Trash talk if U must, beat it if U can. :biggrin:

I know "Wahhha Boo Hoo there's no Red, White and blue". :cat:

1_t2_6.jpg

2_T2_2.jpg

2_t2_3.jpg

Last edited:

Rollerbob

Watch it, Bobby!:mad: My pen is from American made products. That equals patriotism too! Can everyone say that? I don't think so.

No more suckers for you:tongue::wink::biggrin:
Bobby?:confused:.................Well exceptions are obviously the rule in this particular contest, therefore you are exempt!..........can I have a sucker now?:biggrin:

Rollerbob

Jim, BTW if ever we have a '58 pontiac hood ornament contest........you're the winner!! You just need to light up the head!!:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
First entry

OK ! This should muffle some of the noise around here ! :rolleyes: This is my first of two entries . I had some Holly left from another project , and matched it up with one of Neils 308 kits .

NOOB !

Attachments

• IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 140

ldb2000

Hey Jim , dang man that is soooo cool . Why don't you make a Treasure Chest and bury those entries so the rest of us have a chance . Some of us have full time jobs and pen customers saying they need their pens yesterday and can't find the time to get beaten to a pulp by your entries . How about making a "Slimline" cartridge pen , using a real slimline kit so we might have a chance . Some people like me and Nancy spent many sleepless hours creating our entries and we could tie for first place if it weren't for your wonders . Better yet , why don't you throw your creations into Jeff's "Garbage can with the exploding Flys" (his avatar) so we can stand a chance .
As for the rest of you , just give up now , me and Nancy have this one in the bag .:biggrin:

Rollerbob

Well Chuck ain't you somethin! Nice start, but ivory on a cartridge pen is not legal for this contest, it is not a native wood, sorry!:rolleyes:

Hey Jim , dang man that is soooo cool . Why don't you make a Treasure Chest and bury those entries so the rest of us have a chance . Some of us have full time jobs and pen customers saying they need their pens yesterday and can't find the time to get beaten to a pulp by your entries . How about making a "Slimline" cartridge pen , using a real slimline kit so we might have a chance . Some people like me and Nancy spent many sleepless hours creating our entries and we could tie for first place if it weren't for your wonders . Better yet , why don't you throw your creations into Jeff's "Garbage can with the exploding Flys" (his avatar) so we can stand a chance .
As for the rest of you , just give up now , me and Nancy have this one in the bag .:biggrin:

Butch, I'm going to bow out of the newbie prize drawing so there's still hope for all the other Noob's out there. Anybody who knows me KNOW'S I am a newbie!!!:biggrin:

ldb2000

Just kidding Jim . I am a noob at cartridge pens too but have no need for the noob prize package . If by some strange alignment of the planets my name gets chosen please give the prize to the next person on the list . I just want to win the bragging rights to overall contest since my first cartridge entry is the most awesome entry made :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Well Chuck ain't you somethin! Nice start, but ivory on a cartridge pen is not legal for this contest, it is not a native wood, sorry!:rolleyes:
HA , HA ! Nice try mister ! Any alternate materials ARE allowed . :biggrin: You're just trying to get me to withdraw my awesome winning pen . :rolleyes: :biggrin:

workinforwood

Just kidding Jim . I am a noob at cartridge pens too but have no need for the noob prize package . If by some strange alignment of the planets my name gets chosen please give the prize to the next person on the list . I just want to win the bragging rights to overall contest since my first cartridge entry is the most awesome entry made :biggrin:

Awesome Butch...can't wait to see your SECOND place pen!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Dang, I got out of touch for a few days and you guys and gals really got this contest going!! BTW, Catman and Skippy, the chances of either of you guys being drawn as "Newbie" winner is rather remote! :rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes:

We have second and third prize packs for the "main" contest in the works. Once they are definite, they will be posted here. The biggest problem I can see is going to be sifted through a Mount Everest of trash talk to find and classify the entries!!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom