Cartridge Compatibility

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Does anyone know if the Parker Quink cartridges are compatible with the standard international ones? Are they a suitable upgrade?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Parker uses proprietary cartridges that are not interchangeable with standard international cartridges.

However, Parker cartridges/converters will fit in Aurora pens.

Reading between the lines of the question, are you looking for standard international short fountain pen cartridges that are 'better' than the generic cartridges supplied with pen kits? If so, brands such as Diamine, Private Reserve, Pelikan, Monteverde, Kaweko, and DeAtramentis are good. There are a number of outstanding on-line vendors - my favorite is Goulet Pen Company.

There are also standard international long cartridges, but they are harder to find, and generally don't fit kit pens.

darrin1200

I've often found that if a kit will take a standard intl. and a converter, it will also take the standard intl. long cartridges.

Here is a couple of links describing a variety of cartridges.

jcm71

Parker uses proprietary cartridges that are not interchangeable with standard international cartridges.

Reading between the lines of the question, are you looking for standard international short fountain pen cartridges that are 'better' than the generic cartridges supplied with pen kits? If so, brands such as Diamine, Private Reserve, Pelikan, Monteverde, Kaweko, and DeAtramentis are good. There are a number of outstanding on-line vendors - my favorite is Goulet Pen Company.

There are also standard international long cartridges, but they are harder to find, and generally don't fit kit pens.
Thanks for the response, Louie. A prior customer asked me the question. I had sold her a Supreme Vertex FP and she bought the Parker cartridges. Hopefully she will be able to return them.

monophoto

Darrin - re SI long cartridges - I agree that if a converter with its filling extension will fit, then it may be possible to use SI long cartridges. But there is still the problem of finding SI long cartridges. But one of the articles you referred to suggested another alternative - if the pen body is long enough to take a converter, then it may be possible to insert two SI short cartridges - which in combination contain about the same amount of ink as one SI long cartridge, and which are much easier to find. One cartridge is actually attached to the section, and the second is simply stored behind it, usually reversed to that the tapered cartridge will fit better in the pen barrel.

Top Bottom