Carbon fiber meets steampunk...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

I had to do it. I have been wanting to make a watch parts pen since I saw the first one. A couple days ago I grabbed a Jr. Statesman kit and a couple tubes with carbon fiber glued on and went to work. I am really happy with the results. As usual my photo skills just plain suck, so the pen looks a whole lot better than the photos. All comments welcome and appreciated. And yes, that is a Rolex face. Wish I had the whole watch.

Attachments

• steampunk 001.jpg
    steampunk 001.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 586
  • steampunk 005.jpg
    steampunk 005.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 426
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That's very cool!!!! It brings a whole new dimension to these watch part - steampunk pens. I like the splash of blue colour too. Very nicely done:biggrin:

robutacion

I had to do it. I have been wanting to make a watch parts pen since I saw the first one. A couple days ago I grabbed a Jr. Statesman kit and a couple tubes with carbon fiber glued on and went to work. I am really happy with the results. As usual my photo skills just plain suck, so the pen looks a whole lot better than the photos. All comments welcome and appreciated. And yes, that is a Rolex face. Wish I had the whole watch.

Oh yeah, and you done it very well, indeed...!:biggrin:

Great effect and execution on gluing those watch parts in the right place for casting over...! Every bit of work you put into it was well worth it, congratulations!

Cheers
George

ctubbs

Very good combo, but my favorite is the blue moon face. It looks like you included part of a grand farther clock with that. Beutiful.
Charles

jttheclockman

It does give it a different look. Not sure I am sold on it but you actually see it in better light.

A couple questions. Are you glueing the watch parts with just the pr??? I am guessing there was enough blank room with that kit to layer that much??? Third and most important, if that is a real Rolex the diamonds in there are worth more than the pen I would think:):)

CaptG

It does give it a different look. Not sure I am sold on it but you actually see it in better light.

A couple questions. Are you glueing the watch parts with just the pr??? I am guessing there was enough blank room with that kit to layer that much??? Third and most important, if that is a real Rolex the diamonds in there are worth more than the pen I would think:):)

John, I glued the watch parts directly to the carbon fiber with thick ca, and yes, that rolex face is real. There are diamonds on the hour marks, but they are small.

wiset1

Super Cool looking pen. The combo between the CF and SP adds a sweet balance to the pen. Awesome work

dexter0606

Good job on the pen Gary.
Not quite sure of the carbon fiber. I think it adds too much detail in the background but it certainly is a fine pen!

bruce119

Looks pretty good I bet it looks a lot better in person.

I would imagine that would be a hard combination to photograph and capture the real look.

Top Bottom