Can I convert a Majestic Jr. rollerball to a fountain pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Reeveseye

I've been turning mostly rollerball/ballpoint kits for a while, but lately I've been getting into making fountain pens. One of the things I like about the Jr. series kits from Exotic Blanks (Gentlemen, Harold, Milton, etc.) is that they can be very easily converted into fountain pens with the purchase of a small kit.

I have a couple of Majestic Jr. rollerball pens, and would like to do the same thing. But since that particular pen is made by a different supplier and only happens to share the same "Jr." designation, it needs a differently threaded section. I don't want to buy an entire Majestic Jr. fountain pen kit just to get the parts I need, so does anyone here know of a conversion kit that would work for the Majestic Jr.?

sorcerertd

PSI is good about replacing damaged parts. That doesn't happen often and the Majestics are boxed up quite well (which I'm sure you noticed since you have some). Anyway, if you call them, they may have some spare parts if they have scavenged parts from a FP kit. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Darios

Doesn't look like it. I've a JR Majestic and just now tried a JR George from the Signature Pen Company and a JR Milton from elsewhere and neither of them worked. Looks like the threads are off, with the threads on the JR Majestic being coarser.

Reeveseye

PSI is good about replacing damaged parts. That doesn't happen often and the Majestics are boxed up quite well (which I'm sure you noticed since you have some). Anyway, if you call them, they may have some spare parts if they have scavenged parts from a FP kit. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Thank you! I emailed Penn State to ask about it, and got a reply that they do sell replacement parts. They only do so by phone, so I haven't called them yet. But I will. If I can just get the nib section that screws into the body of the pen, that'll do just fine. I can always add ink cartridges on my own after that.

Top Bottom