Cambridge carbon fiber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

Local jeweler I have some pens with wanted something a bit more elegant in carbon fiber, even though the Vertex cf pens have been selling well. This is what I came up with, Cambridge from EB with cf button on finial. Thanks for looking and all comments welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• pens 028.jpg
    pens 028.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 343
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Very nice pen and well done also. Carbon fiber is starting to work on me a bit. I may have to give it a go some day.
Charles

dshartin

Finial

I love the CF on the cap....how did you get that piece? Did you have a flat CF Piece to turn? I am curious because the blanks I have seen dont have that option.

Just curoius....I do LOVE the Pen!

CaptG

I love the CF on the cap....how did you get that piece? Did you have a flat CF Piece to turn? I am curious because the blanks I have seen dont have that option.

Just curoius....I do LOVE the Pen!

Hi Dennis, I have a teflon lined square baking pan that I poured pr in just enough to cover the bottom. When it was set up the next day, with a tacky surface, I laid on a piece of carbon fiber and with a small roller pressed it down, then poured just enough pr to give a good cover. After setting 24 hours, I popped it in the shop toaster oven at 150 for one hour. The flat piece dropped right out of the pan. I band sawed a small piece and ca glued it to a dowel just a bit smaller than the size I needed, turned it to size and shaped the top. Sanded and polished on the lathe, then put it to the buffing wheel with white diamond. Took a box cutter knife and carefully cut it off the dowel, then sanded the back smooth and epoxied it in the cap. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom