CALLING ALL MAKERS OF TURKEY CALLS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drcal

Drcal

I want to make turkey calls...the kind with slate and glass. There are some great videos on-line so I think I know what to do as fas as turning is concerned but none of the videos tell you how to adhere the slate and glass to the wood.

Do I use CA or silicone or what? Do different substances change the sound?

I owuld love some help. Thanks, guys.

Carmen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Carmen, I made some a few years a ago out of walnut and slate from an old slate roof. I turned the disc and made a small shelf in it that I used to silicon the slate to. In other words, it looked like I drilled a 3 or 3 1/2 inch hole through then a 4 inch hole half way through centered on the first one. The slate was really soft and I cut that with a scroll saw. Hope that helps. Oh, and they worked great but I still am waiting for the opportunity to harvest a bird.
WB

PenMan1

It's easy.... start with glass, slate, or even chalkboard...then just sand away everything that doesn't sound like a turkey hen. INSTRUCTIONS....we don't need no stinking instructions......:)

PenMan1

Seriously, Doc, send Russell Eaton a PM. Rumor has it that his calls sound like Doris Day and Jennifer Lopez singing a turkey love song.

Russell Eaton

Plumbers goop. they sell it at True Value or the big box stores. I got some for less than 5$. The new wood turning mag has a good article about it. Russell

Top Bottom