CA FINISH TO THICK....HELP !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BUGSY

when i apply fangars finish .i end up to thick on the ends of my pens..>EUROPEAN< DO YOU SAND SLIGHTLY UNDERSIZE ??? when i assemble these pens i can feel a pretty sharp lip coming from the ca edge...i previuosly used a different finish and it wasnt quite as thick as this....thank you in advance for your help...BUGSY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BUGSY

this has been puzzling..i pretty much followed the fangar method to a t...using thin and med in the the sequence...it really looks good ..just has these sharp edges at the cb and finial..thank you bugsy

Fangar

Bugsy,

It sounds like you might be going a little thick with your applications. When using the method I described, the joints come out smooth. If you are happy with the results of your finish, as far as clarity and depth, then start by sanding down a litle more. Really rhw finish is not that thick when done. Is is possible that you have a set of bad bushings, or does it do this with all of your kits?

Fangar

BUGSY

fangar...miked out bushings ..all three sets match the dimensions posted...i believe i could be putting it on to thick...the shops been pretty warm and i live right on the st johns river so the humidity is really high...so i have to really move with the ca..i tried several different wipes incluing shop towels..pen kit bags and nitrile gloves but they start sticking almost instantly...by the way i would like to say thank you for posting this procedure..when i have been able to get it to work it really is awesome...[8D][8D]bugsy

Pipes

I use a mixture of thin and thick CA ! Mix some 50 / 50 and then go thicker or thinner find what YOU like !! works for me I use about a 70 / 30 mix the 70% is thin ... thats for finishing only I use thick to glue in tubes !

http://affordablepipes.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom