CA and bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Zawoogie

I tried posting this before but it didn't take....I guess. I'm 70 years old but new to computers. How do you stop CA from sticking to bushings when filling in voids on acrylic or finishing wood with CA?

Thanks Woogie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Woogie,

Welcome.

IF you get CA on the bushings (as I do), just keep a sharp skew nearby and run it along the edge of the bushings to release your blank. The CA will usually come off the bushing pretty easily with a sharp pocket knife. (Just like "whittlin" when we were kids.)

Good luck and good turning!!:D:D:D

rd_ab_penman

Once I have turned my blank down to the required kit size, I used smaller diameter bushings like Slimline's when I apply CA and have no problems with bushing getting CA'd to the blank.

W3DRM

Not a new member but I did have Jeff change my username this evening from drmcroberts to my amateur radio callsign "W3DRM".

This is a great site and I've gotten a lot out of it over the past year or so. It's amazing the amount of talent that just seems to be an endless source of great information for all of us.

Someday, as I gain more expertise in pen turning, I hope to be able to contribute a small bit to the group.

DocStram

You're only 70?

I tried posting this before but it didn't take....I guess. I'm 70 years old but new to computers. How do you stop CA from sticking to bushings when filling in voids on acrylic or finishing wood with CA?

Thanks Woogie

Hey Woog ..... you're only 70? What took you so long to get to IAP ... we've been waiting for you! Welcome!!

Top Bottom