CA activitor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

I'm focusing on my methodology in appling CA. After reading several threads i have a simple question

Will one's manufactured activator work on another manufacturer's ca product?

I'm out of activator and testing my application so can i just buy another brand?

thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
My take on it, Bill:

It will work, unless it doesn't. Then, it will be impossible to tell you why it doesn't, because neither vendor knows the other one's product.

"Sole source responsibility" gives the vendor some idea what the problems may be.

FWIW

grub32

Truthfully...I have never used same brand accelerator and ca...I buy my CA from hobby hobby(cheaper and closer) and use woodcrafts accelerator.

I have never had a problem.

Grub

IPD_Mrs

I can tell you that Pacer Technology's Zipp Kicker works fine on E-Z Bond CA glues. In fact that is all that I use. I have not tried other brands, so hopefully folks that have experience will chime in.

ctubbs

Having been caught in the 'Black Hole' of vendor finger pointing at work, I find it safer to stick with single sourc vendor on critical projects. I have often used different activator and CA without problems. That said, when and if a problem does show its ugly head, then no one will admit parenthood. It is always the other guy's problem. Just my experiences.
Charles

mick

Mannie's Thin CA will work with whatever brand of accel. WoodCraft sells...for me, on Tuesday while I wear the yellow socks I borow fom Butch!

Top Bottom