Busy Day (flags, snakes and mystery burl)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

OK today I finished a few up and made a couple more. The flag kits are from Constant. Very nice kits btw. The snakes are from Don Ward (prize from the bash) thanks Don! Can you see what is different about the Jr? And a mystery Australian burl that I got as part of my Aussie Day swap on a Zen. Comments welcome (good and challenging) :)

starsandstripescomfortsm.jpg

bigbenrattlersm.jpg

jrrattlersm.jpg

stretchaussieburlsm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

The lower barrels are right, just the white and red creating an illusion. And thanks for the the ID :)

its_virgil

Nice work on the snakes. You're welcome, and congrats for winning a birthday bash prize. I hope they were nice to turn and didn't give you any problems. Mallee burl is nice to turn and make a stunning pen. The Jr has some foreign center band, doesn't it? Thanks for showing us your work.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

hewunch

Nice work on the snakes. You're welcome, and congrats for winning a birthday bash prize. I hope they were nice to turn and didn't give you any problems. Mallee burl is nice to turn and make a stunning pen. The Jr has some foreign center band, doesn't it? Thanks for showing us your work.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Thanks Don, had another blow out, but was able to fix. Totally my fault again (patience is not my virtue). You are 1/2 right about the Jr. There is something unusual with the center band and ??? . BTW the kit is a Black Ti Jr. Gent.

bitshird

Hans those are really nice pens I love the snakes, both look SCARY Nice. I still haven't done any Laser cut pens yet, I ordered one from Constant and just haven't had the urge to do it yet, Can't figure out why

fiferb

All are very nice, as usual. Looks like you added a couple of extra gold rings to the CB of the Jr. Gent. Looks good whatever you did.

hewunch

OK the Black Ti kit is stock with a silver band and silver finial. I changed the finial to gold and added 3 gold rings (took out the silver). I thought since it was a rattle snake, it needed some "rings/rattles":biggrin:

Top Bottom