??? Bullet Pens???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Just doing some thinking and sometimes this is bad but will be making some bullet pens and will be using real bullets. Now I have some with the lead inside and was wondering, will I have a problem when I go to powdercoat these??? Here is what I am thinking. I will drill the bullet according to the proper dimensions and that is it. I did not plan on melting the lead out. My question is when I go to powdercoat these and place in the oven around 375 degrees will the lead melt and cause me all kinds of problems down the road. The bullets will be seated in the cartridge so there will be no way to drill the bullet again. Has anyone run into this before???? Thanks for the replys.

jttheclockman

OK that sets the mind at ease. Thanks. That is what I get for trying to think so much into things. It is a habbit. I do it all the time at work. But my line of work it is a safety thing.

ldb2000

John , run a search on this question and I'm sure you will get several threads about it . There was one a few weeks ago about the lead being perceived as a problem , I think the question came up because someones customer was worried about the lead in the pen .
I would just melt out the lead .

I found the link http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35304&highlight=lead+bullets

Last edited:
Top Bottom