Brass Type Selection Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

soligen

I discovered the hard way that Brass from different sources does not look the same - they can be different alloys.

I got some K&S Engineering brass .094 thick, and some brass rod from another source. Their colors are very different.

The K&S brass is type 260. It is much more yellow, and I perfer this color, but no place can I find type 260 in a rod. The rod is predominately type 360.

I don't know the type of brass for the rod I bought on-line.

What I want is to buy more brass that I know will match in color between the flat stock and the round rod, but it seems no one type of brass has a selection of both in the sizes I want.

Does anyone know what types of brass will have the same color? Rod is predominately 360. Flat stock is predomiantely 260, but I've also seen some 353 at a couple places.

Who knows their brass? Will 360 and 353 look the same? will anything look the same as 260 (my preference)?

I'm looking for flat brass in .094 thickness (11 guage I think) and 3/8 rod.

Thanks

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Man, those are names I have not thought of in a while. Funny to see them posted on here. I lived 30 minutes from Gallup New Mexico most of my life and went to both indian jeweler's supply and Thunderbird trading all the time. Like walking into a candy store.

Top Bottom