Bradford pear score

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

We had a lot of storm damage to clean up today at work. One thing we had to do was remove a Bradford Pear that broke. The primary trunk branched off into 5 or 6 smaller trunks, and I was able to ninja that part into the back of the truck. I got it cut up on the bandsaw (still learning how to do that right). It yielded 17 2 foot long 1 3/4x1 3/4 blank sticks. May be longer than that, but suffice it to say, I have pen blanks for a while off of that. They're currently drying in an organized stack. I also pulled a couple of 5 foot long trunks that are about 10-12 inches around. Should also yield a lot of good material.

bitshird

Man the stuff isn't that great for pens, but it is some great wood to turn for pen cups, small bowls, lidded boxes, lots of cool stuff. Be warned it will warp like crazy this time of year. (full of sap)

Drstrangefart

I dunno about the pens. The wife got some that hat apparently sat in an attic for a few years. Turned great, and sold as fast as we turned it. Made a great base for butterfly decals, which the wife's friends ate up.

Top Bottom