Bowl Sanding???'s HELP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LandfillLumber

Hello, I'm just getting into bowls and have had fun doing the couple I have so far.My issue is the sanding I picked up a close quarters drill from HF,and need to get some foam pads(or make my own)along with the small sanding discs.I'm tired of over heating my fingers(its hurts sometimes).I cheap and would rather make the sanding pad,and have a old turning mag. with directions on how to(but can't seem to locate it).I also would lake to save on sanding paper does anyone cut discs then selves from roll stock?Whats the cheapest place for the 1-3" discs?Any help would be great.Thanks,Victor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greggas

Victor;

Bowls are the biggest part of my business ( I mean hobby, no business, no hobby....:)) and after spending lots of money on those expensive disks from the usual suppliers I started buying in bulk and cutting out using a 2" piece of galvi pipe that I sharpened the end on to use as a punch. Tanks a couple hours to blast out a few months worth and save alot of cash.

I usually search online for the best deal and recently tried this guys with good results
www.onlineindustrialsupply.com/holosaro.html

I uses these disks with a Sorbey 2" rotating hand sander . Also use a 3" pneumatic sander on the bigger stuff

keithkarl2007

Hegner sandpaper along with another brand i can't think of come in rolls 6" wide by 1-25 metre long and are velcro backed. They are reasonably priced and can be cut in the way Greg has described. The sanding arbours are available in different sizes the most popular being 2" and 3" so when you cut your discs from the rolls you can get 2 3" discs or 3 2" discs across each strip.

Tony Pridmore

Victor,

Check out Darrell Feltmate's website for instructions on making a sanding mandrel. He has a lot of interesting information on the site.

As for paper, I have been very pleased with the hook and loop sheets from Industrial Abrasives. I believe their URL is http://www.industrialabrasives.com, but the site appears to be down. I'll try to remember to check later and confirm it is the place I ordered from last. Price was great and the service was awesome.

-Tony

Tony Pridmore

Top Bottom