bow lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nick

WOW what a talented person, working with less than basic "equipment" and producing quality work and quickly. A lot can be learned from watching this video, do we really "need" the latest turning tools and his lathe is v/s as well.
Thanks for posting the link

Fred

Watch closely and see all the up, down, turning moves this guy makes with his hands and feet all at the same time. He is quite dexterous with his big toe and first toe. Heck, I almost fall out of my chair just watching him squat on the curb.

It's amazing that he has all of his fingers and toes. Look at the other items he has turned and has on display around him.

alamocdc

wow! That is a good idea! Now I know what to make if I ever get lost in the wild. :biggrin:

My friend Frizt made one, they take more than a bit of practice

Practice, hell! You have to be able to reach your feet first! I huff and puff for 30 minutes after simply tying my (*^&# shoes! That is why all I wear are slip-ons now.:wink: I'd pass out from lack of oxygen if I tried that!

JasonM

That's amazing. Makes the "troubles" I run into seem very petty.

I guess he also has to time the cuts since with the back and forth motion, it's only spinning toward the blade half the time......

Wow!

Rick P

wow! That is a good idea! Now I know what to make if I ever get lost in the wild. :biggrin:

My friend Frizt made one, they take more than a bit of practice

Practice, hell! You have to be able to reach your feet first! I huff and puff for 30 minutes after simply tying my (*^&# shoes! That is why all I wear are slip-ons now.:wink: I'd pass out from lack of oxygen if I tried that!

LOL a spring pole lathe is a lot easier.......

Bowl Slinger

Those are some seriously talented toes! After having a plethora of tools at my disposal, by this video I see that I only need a razor sharp skew in my hand. I will work on the toe trick next week.

Top Bottom