Bottle stopper with pin inletted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dwarmbrodt

dwarmbrodt

Hi all, happy Memorial day!
My first bottle stopper, turned out of bubinga. I wanted to try inletting a coin in the top, but chose to use a lapel pin I got from Glock a while ago. Still need another coat of BLO..
C&C welcome.

Doug

Attachments

• IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 236
  • IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 364
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobostro61

Very cool! I too have just started making bottle stoppers. An inlay like that's a good idea. I'm going to have to give that a try. With what, I don't know... Nice stopper though!

walshjp17

I like size and the of your stopper. I inset Euros and coins from other countries as well and have quite a collection from places around the world where I have visited. I also make them for friends and family to commemorate their travels.

airborne_r6

That's really cool. Did you apply something over the surface of the pin or is the shiny the pin itself?

Bezdomni

Very nice stopper. Nice elegant shape. I inlet BU state quarters quite regularly. In fact, I'm just finishing up a 4-piece set for a silent auction "For the Cure." I used flame box elder, which was new to me and which I now love. Your bubinga is beautiful. I'll try some.

I'm always on the lookout for small round things like pins to inlet. Your Glock piece is perfect. I've got some ancient Roman coins that I think I'll try. I like different.

The idea of using coins from countries people have visited is a good one and something that never occurred to me.

Well done.

Chuck

Top Bottom