Blank rescue/recycle?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PMisiaszek

I was trimming up a very expensive acrylic blank for a JGII and dropped it. It shattered. It was the cap end, so I still have half of a very expensive blank, the nib end of the JGII. Of course, it came tubed, so I'm stuck with the dimensions. The Elegant Beauty appears to be the closest match, but is .010 longer that the JGII. Will I be able to pull off recycling the blank to an EB?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Can you create a different cap?

A simple white or black cap can look very good with some "expensive blanks" (this does leave a rather large universe to the imagination).

Pjohnson

Ever try segmenting - you could add complimenting material. I always tell my son - the sign of a craftsman is how well he hides his mistakes ...:)

PMisiaszek

I've made several recent purchases from Roy recently to buy supplies for a high-end show I'm participating in next month. The quality of the products I've gotten from him has been exceptional, and so has the customer service. That he would suggest replacing a blank that I broke out of sheer negligence is a perfect example. But, there are times when you have to take the bogey in life, and this is one of them. I'll happily pay for the "lesson" and be a lot more careful next time.

Top Bottom