Best ice cream scoop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan Masshardt

Dan Masshardt

What is your favorite ice cream scoop kit to make?

I just picked up the woodcraft stainless kit.

Psi has a chrome kit that you turn on a mandrel that's a little cheaper in price.

Seems like it's hard to lose with stainless. Am I missing anything?

Different shape to the scoop. I'm not sure if that makes a big difference or not.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

The only one I've done came from Rockler but I liked it, Doctor's Woodshop finish. It was thrown into a buy off craigslist.

The one below is what I've found that I will order whenever I get the bug...I'm guessing warmer weather. It's stainless (other than ferrule), great price and has a brad cap included so you can turn between centers and not have an odd spot and it's a nice design touch IMO. The Rockler one had to be trimmed off at the end which was fine but my finish didn't look as good on the tip.

Ice Cream Scoop (Stainless) Woodworking Kit - ChefwareKits.com

Attachments

• DSCF5056.jpg
    DSCF5056.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF5058.jpg
    DSCF5058.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCF5059.jpg
    DSCF5059.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 158

ChrisN

I just finished making a PSI ice cream scoop, and I'm not too impressed with how it goes together. The hole they tell you to drill is too large, so the parts are rather loose in the blank. It has 3 gold trim rings that fit around the post on the scoop or end cap, and the holes in them were oversized so the trim rings could wobble. I tried gluing them together so we'll see how that works.

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I've made the one from WoodCraft. Its stout and I thread the tang in a smaller hole then what's in the instructions. I don't want to chance it not being secured well.

Top Bottom