Best build ever.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paintspill

paintspill

I really needed to share this but it's not something I wanted to share on Facebook. I'll explain.
A friend of mine had a brother pass away in an industrial accident a few weeks back and contacted me to build a box to put his ashes in. Needless to say I was beyond honored by the request and that she thought of me and entrusted me with this project. So this is what I came up with. She will be adding a brass plaque afterwards.
It's quartersawn white oak with a solid walnut top with inlay and keys in an unknown exotic.

I didn't think it would be right to post it for friends and family on Facebook but I really enjoy sharing my pieces. I'm sure you'll understand.

Attachments

• IMG_00000293.jpg
    IMG_00000293.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_00000292.jpg
    IMG_00000292.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_00000291.jpg
    IMG_00000291.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 186

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Emotions run high when honoring a friend, wanting to do a fine job and simply needing to put things in perspective.

You have done all three! The box is wonderful - you can be proud!

And yes, social media is not needed for everything in our lives. Good decision!

wyone

Reminds me of a very good friend of mine, who is a true craftsman. His Mother died and he made her casket. Not only was it totally gorgeous, but he made it from scratch, in a couple days between when she died and they had the funeral. I think he had a picture in his mind for a few weeks earlier, as she had been ill, but had not been expected to pass. I think it was therapy for him, as well as his last gift to her. I honestly do not know how he accomplished what he did in the time frame he did, but it was one of the most amazing things....

Top Bottom