Been Busy Since the Bday Bash

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

fiferb

I haven't had much time to be around since the birthday bash. I had to get this completed for my grandson's birthday. This is the fourth one of these and hopefully my last. The wood is poplar that was from a tree in a friends backyard. He had a mill cut it and dry in a kiln. The rockers are 53" tip to tip and is 36" to the top of the head.

Thanks for looking and especially to those that comment.

Attachments

• 100_4218.jpg
    100_4218.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
That is too cool! An instant heirloom that no doubt HIS children will have fun playing with!!

jbostian

Very nice. I am sure your grandson will love it. I still have a few wooden bulldozes and trucks my grandpa made for me. They mean a lot to me and I am sure the rocking horse will mean a lot to your grandson.

Jamie

fiferb

Great job Bruce.

I hope you have to make more when you're still around and doing it for your great, great grandkids. :biggrin:

Cheers,
G

By then I hope I'll have taught my grandson (or son) to make their own. Oh, and I hope I'm around to watch, too.:tongue:

Rfturner

my grandfather made a wooden rocking horse. It took the abuse that three kids, nine grandkids, +1 great-grandchild could put it though and it is still going the only thing that is broke off is some leather ears it originally had. They still have the horse at thier house

Top Bottom