Basic Toothpick Holders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Got the inspiration for these a couple days ago when Dave Peterson showed one he made.

Turned on the heat in my shop for a couple hours this afternoon and made these little stocking stuffers. Was 35 degrees F when I started and was up to 60 degrees by time I got done.

I purposely showed the worst side of them for the photo and the voids are filled with CA .

These will be little gifts for some people at our morning coffee group.

ToothpickHolders.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

W.Y.

Looking good. I don't know if mother nature would like you calling them flaws though.

Maybe I should have said holes and cracks :biggrin:

"Natural features"!

And they are all very pretty!

These are the things that give the wood "character".

And, also give the woodturner "character". (Mother always said if you never have a care, you will never develop character!!):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I edited my original message to say voids rather than flaws.

bitshird

Nice stocking stuffers Bill, and I agree with Ed those aren't voids or flaws, those are character markings. Good to see you having fun just turning for fun!!

sbwertz

I love wood with knots! I fill them with gemstone, coral, embossing powder, etc to accentuate them. They aren't flaws...they are features!

(by the way, I love your CA/BLO technique. It is the most reliable CA finish I've tried. Works every time!)

Last edited:

W.Y.

Decided to make a few more as stocking stuffer handouts for anyone that drops in around Christmas time
Made them a little barrel shaped this time .

CatalpaTPHolders.jpg

Top Bottom