Barron ink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Has anyone else had any problems with the ink not working in a Barron rollerball that was just made? I have had 3 so far. I have had the sets for a couple of years but the cap was still on the cartridge and had never been used. Is there a way to get them flowing again? Could this be caused by the set laying on it's side for so long?
thanks, Alice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

While I also agree to ditch the Hauser, Alice asked how to get it flowing again not what to change it to. I have no idea what her situation is with the pen she has made. She may not be in a position to upgrade the refill. She mentioned that the kits were a couple years old, shelf life for Hauser is listed at three years.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I can appreciate that, Alice if you want some extra hauser refils PM me your addy and I'll send you the ones I can round up. Other than that I have no other idea how to get it to work. 3 yaer shelf life sound good as advertising but my experience is more along the lines of 3 days.

PR_Princess

Alice, PM me your address too please. We'll send you out some of the Schmidt refills. Between Landon and I, those ol' Baron's will be writing just fine again. :)

elody21

I got busy and forgot about this thread. Thanks everyone so much! I don't want to take refills from someone else, but it is a very nice nice offer. I will just get the other refills everyone suggests. I will also try to heat the ends and see if they will work. I guess I didn't pay any attention to an out date
Thanks so much!
Alice

TonyL

I have that experience with the Schneider TopBall 850. The funny thing is when they work/flow, I like them better than the Schmidt 5888. The problem is I haven't had them flow for more than a few days/weeks. I currently have one in a Graduate (I know the pen style doesn't matter) that I made on Saturday, and love it. I am anticipating the skipping. drying-out, etc.

Top Bottom