Barracuda2 Chuck - body only

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dankc908

I recently bought a Barracuda2 chuck (body only) from PSI. Saturday I unwrapped it only to discover that it had no back on it. My Barracuda2 T/N (full system) has a back on the chuck but the body only one has all of the internal gears exposed. Is this the norm with these chucks or did I get an "unlucky draw"? I am not sure I want to turn with this chuck as it will get a lot of sawdust in places I don't think I want it. I e-mailed PSI over the weekend and thought I'd get an e-mail reply today - no such luck. Ideas, thoughts, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChrisN

The Barracuda 2 T/N "backplate" is really the indexing feature, which is not on the regular Barracuda 2. IMHO, it would actually make it harder to keep clean, because no matter how you use it, dust will get in the large holes that the geared key goes in. Without the plate, it's easy to brush or blow off dust.

alankulwicki7

I used to have the Barracuda chucks with open backs. Now I've got some SuperNova 2 chucks with open backs. Just blow them out occasionally and you won't have a problem...

dankc908

Psi never gets my emails. You have to call to get them usually.

I actually got a phone call from them, in response to my e-mail, after my post this AM and he explained about the open back. He also suggested that I could "fix" it with a piece of plexiglass. After the many posts I'll just stay with it and have one more use for my compressor. Many Thanks All!

Dan

Fay Prozora

I had better have a look at my barracuda chucking system. I never paid any attention to the back of it at all. I just screw it on and make sawdust... Fay

Top Bottom