bandsaw screw question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Does anyone know a way to find out what size screw I need?

My bandsaw threw a tire...looks like I'm missing a screw - A04946

The nearest repair depot for tools is 2.5 hours away - and they say that Delta parts are no longer stocked by Dewalt repair (they separated - different company in the US)...

I can order them, but it would require 2.5 hour drive (each way), and a 2-3month (yes, they said MONTH) wait...

Any way to figure out what size screw fits, and whether I can get it locally?

Andrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Got any extra screws laying around you shop? Try them until you get a fit or a close enough fit to be able to go to your local hardware store to get the correct size.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sue them!!

Misrepresentation:
Shipping: Ships Worldwide
globe.jpg

copied from the product page Danny linked.

Xander

Have you tried calling one of the suppliers who have this screw and asking for specs? They might be able to put a thread gauge on one and tell you what thread it is, then you can get one at the local nuts and bolts store.

frank123

You can always re tap it (and maybe re drill it too) to any size you want that is readily available, close enough to the original to fit the space available, and serves the purpose.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Thank you - I'll try the thread guage, if I can find one, and the tap if I cannot...I wasn't aware that a thread guage existed! :)

I didn't see the 'International Checkout' on the ereplacement parts website, so I was stymied when it wouldn't let me proceed without a zip code. I found it, but 25 dollars (including shipping) for a 3 dollar screw is just highway robbery, and budget-breaking at the moment.

I'll try and find a thread gauge and/or tap and die set from a neighbour! Thank you!

Andrew

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If you can get the taps set from your neighbor, try different taps and see if one fits the threads of the hole. Then you'll know the thread size of the screw and you can get one of the proper length at the store.

sbell111

I agree with Danny.

If you find a supplier that will ship to the US for a reasonable price, I can have it shipped to me and then forward it on to you for just a few bucks.

wee willie

do you have a Brafasco or Bolts+ near you if not I can check with them tomorrow and see

scrap that idea no luck with either.. however try any black and decker service centre

I will try IHL as I have been able to get parts for Delta from them.

Last edited:

wee willie

No luck with IHL either, however the dewalt/delta/ black and decker service dept in Mississauga can get it and also Angelo's electric at about $4.50 but again roughly 2 weeks.
Let me know if you want it ordered.
Willie

nava1uni

If you like I have a rather large nut and bolt dealer here in town. I would be happy to see if they have the bolt and then send it to you. This supplier carries every bolt I have ever needed. Let me know by PM

Top Bottom