bandsaw misbehaving

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nwcatman

while back someone posted about a guy that sells BS accessories. i called him, twice, for a catalog. been a month and no catalog. anyone else you can recommend? i need a bearing for a delta 14" upper wheel ( i think) and am looking into a riser block. on that same topic, i can't get a mteal squealing sound to go away. i have shimmed the upper wheel away from the cover to eliminate any rubbing, so now i think its a bearing. it doesn't do it when the blade is off and its freespinning though. but it really doesn't sound like a bearing. and under pressure of a cut i get a hard "ticking" noise and the blade hiccupps. any BS experts ( and yes i mean Band Saw, i know there are tons of the other kind cause i read their posts everyday!) out there? THANKS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
What frequency is the ticking and hiccup? If it's once per blade revolution, it's probably the blade weld hitting the guide. The squeal might be the blade against the thrust bearing.

nwcatman

all that makes sense. it is a steady, paced tick so that could be the reason. do all BS do that? and i guess a "tap" would more accurately describe it. tomorrow i will move the guides out of the way and try it all again. very frustating. thanks

nwcatman

well, can't get rid of the "ticking" noise YET but took jeffs suggestion and moved the blade away from the thrust bearing a bit and the squealing went away. THANKS

Top Bottom