Bandsaw box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

This is the first bandsaw box that I have made. It is Cedar and finished with spray lacquer. Any comments welcome. Russell

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,157
  • IMG_2144.jpg
    IMG_2144.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 7,120
  • IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 3,365
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

You definitely pulled off a great item there! Really like cedar for boxes anyway, so you really got my attention with this one!!!

Great finish, great it and wonderfully done!

Scott (that some outside of the box thinking) B

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Russell
I"ve made about 70 over the last 15 years. Use sharp blades, go slow, and sand until your fingers hurt. You did a great job, looks really nice. Once all the women in your life see it, you'll be making plenty. Black walnut makes a beautiful box as does ambrosia maple. you'll get hooked on bandsaw boxes. Then on to polymer clay.

Russell Eaton

Hey Andy, the cedar came from Cleveland Ga. A friend was clearing out for a building pad for a big box store and gave me a truck half full of the cedar logs. I am waiting for a load of Pecan in the next few weeks. Bowls boxes and pens!!!! If you do a search on google there are several good videos on how to make them. I had a good time with this one and will probably make another one tonight for my daughter. Thanks for the goo comments, Russell

Jim15

Russell, that is awesome. Is that something a novice woodworker can make or is it something it takes a lot of experience to do? I think I might like to give it a try. Thanks.

Top Bottom