Baby Quilt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CSue

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
My nephew, Vince and his wife, Jessie are expecting their first child in June. This is my first baby quilt. It was quite a challenge!

Vince is making the baby's crib as a replica of a small lifeboat. So I figured "Fish" would be appropriate.

Attachments

• BabyHawkinsQuilt_WEB.jpg
    BabyHawkinsQuilt_WEB.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 194
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

I agree, it looks pretty 'fishy' to me.:biggrin::biggrin: Good coordination of colors.

I like quilts - anytime comments are made in my family about my accumulation of pen blanks all I have to do is point at the piles of fabric that have accumulated by my wife and mother and sisters and daughter, which makes the subject change quickly to how strange the weather has been lately (you would need to know my family).

LEAP

LOL, I can always buy another pen blank os so as I know the wife has more weight in fabric then I have in wood. Looks nice C Sue, You do know that quilting is an obsession that once started leads to extravagent spending and the never ending search for the perfect materials to work with and tools to use. Nothing at all like the inexpensive and minimalist art of penturning.

jclark58

My wife is also heavily into quilting. We have an unspoken agreement, she doesn't speak ill of my woodpile and I don't speak ill of her fabric collection.

If you think lathes/turning is expensive don't look into long arm quilting setups. DAMHITH.

Jason

skywizzard

Nice Cathy Sue, My wife just completed one for our new grandson, I can attest that they do require a lot of work, especially if you do the quilting by hand and not machine.

nava1uni

Your quilt is very nice. I like the fish motif. So are you going to make a teeny, tiny
quilt and have it cast and make it into a pen, thus combining the two types of art?
It might make a cool pen.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
[Your quilt is very nice. I like the fish motif. So are you going to make a teeny, tiny
quilt and have it cast and make it into a pen, thus combining the two types of art?
It might make a cool pen.]

Hey Cindy! What a great idea! I think I'll try that. Thanks

Top Bottom