Auburn State Pistol Grip!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

A customer asked us for an Auburn State themed pistol grip Mossberg. Here is what I came up with. As always comments and critiques are greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• CIMG1219.jpg
    CIMG1219.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 213
  • CIMG1223.jpg
    CIMG1223.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 130
  • CIMG1224.jpg
    CIMG1224.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 128
  • CIMG1228.jpg
    CIMG1228.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 176
  • CIMG1232.jpg
    CIMG1232.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 118
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USAFVET98

Scott,
I dont use powder coating in this process. Powder coating is a powder spray that is electrically charged to an item that is grounded followed by a baking.

This process I use is Dura Coating. The dura coat is a liguid form coating that I airbrush on after I break down, degrease, and blast the guns to bare metal. After I coat them a few times with the dura coat, I bake the gun on 120 for an hour or two. The key with this process is time.

While other gun finishes brag about the hardness, dura coat goes by the elasticity. The harder the finish, the easier it is to crack, chip, mar, or scuff. Dura coat gains more elasticity as time goes by giving it a much more durable finish. A gun finish needs to have the capability to expand and contract with heat or cold and also needs to be protected from scuffs.

If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask.

Looks great. Would you give a quick breakdown how powder coating is done please.

USAFVET98

Lane,
I would use the same process with the duracoat. The temp only goes to 120 in the over so it wouldnt hurt it, but as a precaution I would just let it cure on it own at room temp. Just takes longer..

What do you use on Scopes? That is if you paint scopes. Don't think that putting them in the oven is a good idea.

Top Bottom